The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   BILL HOHN tosses two Milwaukee coaches (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/54133-bill-hohn-tosses-two-milwaukee-coaches.html)

jwwashburn Tue Jul 28, 2009 07:37am

BILL HOHN tosses two Milwaukee coaches

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | STL@MIL: Sveum and Randolph are ejected - Video | MLB.com: Multimedia

I found these searching for something else on mlb.com No real comment on the ejections...of course they were warranted.

The larger issue here is.....Nooooo! Not the ridiculous 1973 Mustache!

A BRACELET? The MAN IS WEARING A BRACELET. Why is his man wearing a BRACELET?

mbyron Tue Jul 28, 2009 07:44am

Larger issue? For whom, Brüno? :rolleyes:

jwwashburn Tue Jul 28, 2009 07:47am

A larger issue for mankind.

How can he come onto a baseball field with that BRACELET and that MUSTACHE. The guy looks like a complete buffoon

mbyron Tue Jul 28, 2009 07:51am

For all you know, he's a diabetic biker.

Rich Tue Jul 28, 2009 07:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwwashburn (Post 617349)
A larger issue for mankind.

How can he come onto a baseball field with that BRACELET and that MUSTACHE. The guy looks like a complete buffoon

The first ejection came on the heels of a check swing where he called an offer from the plate when the bat barely flinched. Truly horrible call.

The second ejection came when the same thing happened the other way and this time he went to the line umpire who (correctly) ruled "no swing."

I was there. It was fun watching the two coaches get launched.

GA Umpire Tue Jul 28, 2009 08:30am

I guess Willie forgot he wasn't a manager anymore. I can understand the frustration. And, having Pujols up to bat for the second never looks good b/c the appearance that he gets benefits of the call though it was the right one on him. Just bad that PU didn't ask on the first one which appeared almost identical.

Oh well. The next day comes and they at least get to try it again.

Ump Rube Tue Jul 28, 2009 09:30am

My question is why he chooses to wear his ball bags on his @$$? That to me seems stranger then the 'stache or the bracelet.

Kevin Finnerty Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:00am

I don't know about the ball bags, but one thing comes to mind on the moustache: I wonder if he paints it with Just For Men or Krylon. It's hard to tell.

And from asking for the appeal with his right hand to working a knee to ringing the guy up for flinching to tossing a guy from 80 feet away ... Hohn's just plain embarrassing.

SanDiegoSteve Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty (Post 617385)
And from asking for the appeal with his right hand to working a knee to ringing the guy up for flinching to tossing a guy from 80 feet away ... Hohn's just plain embarrassing.

Hohn is working the knee now? Last I saw him, he was in the deep scissors like he has always worked. His knee never used to touch the ground though.

Did anybody see Jerry Crawford dump Cincinattti Reds' Votto from U3 on an argued check swing Out call in last night's Padres/Reds game? Votto cursed him immediately, Crawford starts charging towards home, and Votto said something else and from right around 3rd base, Crawford launched him. I had just given my best ejection mechanic, because I knew Crawford would dump him, and no sooner had I given Votto the heave-ho, Crawford followed with his own version. Score one for the old guys!:)

SanDiegoSteve Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ump Rube (Post 617378)
My question is why he chooses to wear his ball bags on his @$$? That to me seems stranger then the 'stache or the bracelet.

I have wondered about this myself in the past. It's like he has them one loop back from where they belong. I think it has something to do with his deep stance, and it keeps them from getting bunched up between legs and abdomen.

Kevin Finnerty Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ump Rube (Post 617378)

There's a joke here, but even I am not going to go near it ...

RogersUmp Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:18am

Umpire Ejection Fanatsy League

The Left Field Corner

According to Left Field Corner, Hohn is tied with Tichenor for the lead in ejections with 6.

jwwashburn Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:26am

For my money, the bracelet has got to be the worst part of the whole deal here. This is worse than the way Robbie Drake used to wear sunglasses on the top of his hat that was on top of his curly mullet.

What would possess a grown man to wear a bracelet?

realistic Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:35am

Better yet, What would make a grown man obsess over another man's fashion decisions?

jwwashburn Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:42am

I think the proper word would be curious. I am curious.