The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   CWS Game 1 (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/53736-cws-game-1-a.html)

stripes2255 Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:26am

CWS Game 1

I just caught up with the game in the seventh inning and couldn't understand why all balls being brought back into play were thrown from the dugout instead of the plate umpire going to his ball bag. Anything happen before I started watching or something I missed?

DonInKansas Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripes2255 (Post 610498)
Anything happen before I started watching or something I missed?

Yeah. Game 2. :D

SanDiegoSteve Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by doninkansas (Post 610501)
yeah. Game 2. :d

rotflmao!!!:D:D:D

socalblue1 Wed Jun 24, 2009 02:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripes2255 (Post 610498)
I just caught up with the game in the seventh inning and couldn't understand why all balls being brought back into play were thrown from the dugout instead of the plate umpire going to his ball bag. Anything happen before I started watching or something I missed?

100+ degrees & umpire was dripping wet - couldn't keep spares dry. Had dry baseballs thrown in from dugout.

MrUmpire Wed Jun 24, 2009 08:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by socalblue1 (Post 610510)
100+ degrees & umpire was dripping wet - couldn't keep spares dry. Had dry baseballs thrown in from dugout.

I used to have that problem on high humidity days. I bought a couple Dry-Lo ball bags from Evans and eliminated that problem.

bossman72 Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrUmpire (Post 610527)
I used to have that problem on high humidity days. I bought a couple Dry-Lo ball bags from Evans and eliminated that problem.

Of course leather ball bags wouldn't get wet... bahaha :D

Emperor Ump Wed Jun 24, 2009 01:15pm

Quote:

Also, the New Ump-Attire Ultimate Ball Bags have a waterproof lining to prevent the sweat throug broblem. Also these bags have been redesigned and no longer have the elastic top many scoffed at, they look like typical ballbags.

Rich Wed Jun 24, 2009 01:36pm

Quote:

I bought 4 of these at the beginning of the season and then got rid of the rest. They are that good.

Kevin Finnerty Wed Jun 24, 2009 02:18pm

I bought one and compared it to the Jim Evans Dri-Lo. I bought a second New Ump-Attire bag and gave the Evans one away. They're the best there is now. Definitely a pro ball bag and a far cry from that novelty bag that it used to be. The material and the workmanship are both superior to the Evans Dri-Lo, and the appearance is sleek and in keeping with the pro standard.

Moisture on the balls is probably the most annoying thing that accompanies umpiring.

SanDiegoSteve Wed Jun 24, 2009 02:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty (Post 610611)
Moisture on the balls is probably the most annoying thing that accompanies umpiring.

Yeah, that is very annoying. I use Gold Bond powder, clears it right up!:cool:

Kevin Finnerty Wed Jun 24, 2009 03:06pm

Once again, we agree on a key component.

SethPDX Wed Jun 24, 2009 04:24pm

When I realized what was going on I thought, "This would be a good advertisement for the Ump-Attire bag." :D

DonInKansas Wed Jun 24, 2009 04:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty (Post 610611)

This has to be one of the wisest things ever said on any umpiring forum. Good form, sir!:D I agree that Jim Kirk should tag this for advertisement.:p

Emperor Ump Wed Jun 24, 2009 04:58pm

Pete Reiser has a great comparative review of the Dry-Lo & Ultimate ball bags here at Midwest Ump

I also have a review of the Ultimate here at Umpire-Empire, but honestly Pete's is much more thorough.