The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   MiLB Umpires (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/53594-milb-umpires.html)

outathm Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:20am

MiLB Umpires

Does anyone in here know when the evaluation and move up happens in MiLB for the short A to lnog A guys?

MrUmpire Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by outathm (Post 608237)
Does anyone in here know when the evaluation and move up happens in MiLB for the short A to lnog A guys?

Evaluatons occur throughout the season. Move-ups occur as needed to replace releases, self induced or otherwise.

Usually around the All Star break, a few MiLB umpire self-release. This year, I am told, they are not expecting very many to do so.

mbyron Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrUmpire (Post 608242)
This year, I am told, they are not expecting very many to do so.

Yeah-huh. Even the pittance MiLB guys get looks good in this economy. :(

Rich Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:42am

Quote:

Usually around the All Star break, a few MiLB umpire self-release.

This sounds dirty for some reason. :D

SanDiegoSteve Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 608271)
This sounds dirty for some reason. :D

You naughty boy! :D

bobbybanaduck Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by outathm (Post 608237)

i know everything there is to know about it. what is it, exactly, you are looking for?

INUmp Thu Jun 11, 2009 04:48pm

if you know everything, where can I go about getting the possible deal on a brand spanking new desk chair made of leather, having four wheels and one thing on each side to rest my weary arms?

huh? huh? I am waiting :D

SanDiegoSteve Thu Jun 11, 2009 05:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by INUmp (Post 608359)
if you know everything, where can I go about getting the possible deal on a brand spanking new desk chair made of leather, having four wheels and one thing on each side to rest my weary arms?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbybanaduck (Post 608281)
i know everything there is to know about it. what is it, exactly, you are looking for?

Wow, talk about misquoting and not reading....:rolleyes:

ManInBlue Thu Jun 11, 2009 09:00pm

Quote:

How about one with FIVE wheels? The four legged bases are pretty crappy. But for one of those you could first start at Haworth, Steel Case, or Herman Miller. If you don't want to spend that much, try Wal Mart, Office Depot, or Best Buy.

Don't ask if you don't want to know.:D

BigTex Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:08pm

Quote:

Usually around the All Star break, a few MiLB umpire self-release.

I spent 6 years in the minors (long ago), and I never waited until the All Star Break.

bobbybanaduck Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:00pm

Quote:

it sounds like you are in need of some office furniture.

Welpe Fri Jun 12, 2009 01:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManInBlue (Post 608402)
How about one with FIVE wheels? The four legged bases are pretty crappy. But for one of those you could first start at Haworth, Steel Case, or Herman Miller. If you don't want to spend that much, try Wal Mart, Office Depot, or Best Buy.

Don't ask if you don't want to know.:D

Steel Case makes some good chit man... :)

mbyron Fri Jun 12, 2009 07:58am

Quote:

Congratulations on post #10 in the forum! Perhaps it's a harbinger of improving reading skills.

Rich Fri Jun 12, 2009 07:59am

Quote:

I am sitting on an Herman Miller Aeron chair my wife bought me for Valentine's day in 2001. Expensive? Yes. But a desk chair I use for hours every day (I work from a home office when I'm not traveling) that has lasted more than 8 years? A bargain.

INUmp Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbybanaduck (Post 608416)
it sounds like you are in need of some office furniture.

you'd be 100% correct my friend. Please send links or just ship it to me