The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Plate Shoes (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/50511-plate-shoes.html)

kylejt Mon Jan 12, 2009 01:38pm

I wasn't down with the NB look when they came out. I don't care for the look of high tops either. That held true until I tried on a pair of the 450s. Heaven. The big cutout in the back takes out the hightop feel, so you can get out of the box quickly.

Durham Mon Jan 12, 2009 01:41pm

I got em from Honig's and I did get half a size bigger. I tried on like 8 different pair at the clinic in San Diego, and they shipped em to me. It was the closest low top that I could get to my old school plate shoes with the goodyear sole on em, which finally after 6 years blew out in July. And Honig's takes care of their customers like that, at least that has been my experience.

Kevin Finnerty Mon Jan 12, 2009 03:04pm

Gotcha.

DonInKansas Mon Jan 12, 2009 06:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylejt (Post 567679)
I wasn't down with the NB look when they came out. I don't care for the look of high tops either. That held true until I tried on a pair of the 450s. Heaven. The big cutout in the back takes out the hightop feel, so you can get out of the box quickly.

I just got mine about a week ago from shoebuy. I tried them on and couldn't believe I was in plate shoes. I wore them about an hour around the house to start breaking them in; they feel like tennis shoes.

I can't wait to get them on the field........

MajorDave Mon Jan 12, 2009 07:16pm

The first pair of NB 450's I got...

felt so good on my initial wearing/try on that I went out and worked a game in them that very day, within minutes of trying them on. They felt great immediately. I Never looked back. Sold my Gerry Davis high tops the next week.

Kevin Finnerty Tue Jan 13, 2009 08:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonInKansas (Post 567808)
I just got mine about a week ago from shoebuy. I tried them on and couldn't believe I was in plate shoes. I wore them about an hour around the house to start breaking them in; they feel like tennis shoes.

I can't wait to get them on the field........

... Yeah, I remember my first time ... that I put on a pair of 450s.

Umpmazza Tue Jan 13, 2009 09:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty (Post 567908)
... Yeah, I remember my first time ... that I put on a pair of 450s.

I got my NB450's about 2 days before a college game... I thought crap I beter not wear these..shoot I out them on in the house and thought holy cow... SO i took them to the game and work with them after a while I did not feel like plate shoes..

Kevin Finnerty Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:30pm

The reflective silver N logo comes in very handy when you're jogging at night in your plate shoes.

Umpmazza Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty (Post 567990)
The reflective silver N logo comes in very handy when you're jogging at night in your plate shoes.

some guys dont like the white/silver N but I do.. or it does not bother me.

Kevin Finnerty Tue Jan 13, 2009 02:20pm

I polished over it on my original pair and I left it alone on my back-ups. (If you rotate between two pairs of shoes, they both last twice as long. Don't ask me why. But once I settle on a good pair of shoes, I immediately buy a second pair.)

mbyron Tue Jan 13, 2009 03:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty (Post 568048)
I polished over it on my original pair and I left it alone on my back-ups. (If you rotate between two pairs of shoes, they both last twice as long. Don't ask me why. But once I settle on a good pair of shoes, I immediately buy a second pair.)

I was aware that Americans had become innumerate, but it sometimes astonishes me just how bad the situation has become. :rolleyes:

UmpJM Tue Jan 13, 2009 04:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron (Post 568090)
I was aware that Americans had become innumerate, but it sometimes astonishes me just how bad the situation has become. :rolleyes:

Michael,

You know the old saying, "To both his own." :)

JM

Kevin Finnerty Tue Jan 13, 2009 04:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron (Post 568090)

My Italian uncle (the sweet, adorable kind), who owned the shoe store on Main Street back home told me that when I visited the old home town as a lad. Who am I to argue with Uncle Nick?

And damnit, it's kinda true! They last longer. At least sneakers do.

MrUmpire Tue Jan 13, 2009 05:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty (Post 568133)
My Italian uncle (the sweet, adorable kind), who owned the shoe store on Main Street back home told me that when I visited the old home town as a lad. Who am I to argue with Uncle Nick?

And damnit, it's kinda true! They last longer. At least sneakers do.

heh, heh.

Maybe this will help:

innumerate: Adjective having no understanding of mathematics or science

Kevin Finnerty Tue Jan 13, 2009 05:20pm

Oh!

I'm really glad that I read this forum on a regular basis; I learn so many new words.