The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   You know you have too much . . . (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/49993-you-know-you-have-too-much.html)

Kevin Finnerty Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:22am

Truthfully, the only reason that I turned to that company is that you can get a boatload of shirts for just a few bucks, and some backups for the ones that you use the most. But they have problems like you describe, and then there's this problem with the actual shirt color on the cream shirts. Theirs are this awful dull gold color, with extra wide collar trim piping. They're making the same mistake on the collar trim on their black shirts. They're making it thick, so now they don't match your partners who wear the standard black shirts. So you can't get black or cream shirts from them, which hurts. I got a few of the other blacks before they changed it, but now for black and cream, I have to go Honig's or CK at twice the price.

johnnyg08 Wed Nov 26, 2008 02:40pm

I like the larger buttons on the Honigs shirts too.

Kevin Finnerty Wed Nov 26, 2008 03:33pm

Until today, I never obsessed about the buttons on my uniform shirts. Now I'll never stop.

Emperor Ump Wed Nov 26, 2008 03:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bossman72 (Post 553251)
Just wondering...

What REALLY is the difference between the original WV, gold, and platinum?

From the looks of things, it seems like they would all protect equally as well...

I own the Gold and have worn the Platinum. If worn correctly, the gold protects the clavicle just fine and there is no need to worry.

One of the major differences I've found is the Gold has much thicker padding behind the plastic.

Both are absolutely top quality and it ends up being a matter of personal preference.

You can get a complete review of the Platinum here.

And a complete review of the Gold here.

DG Thu Nov 27, 2008 08:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty (Post 552822)
:D

Nor are there any on this list:
(It was fun compiling this)

You really are a junkie although some of this I would not count. For example, I never go anywhere with pants on without chapstick in my pants pocket.

yawetag Fri Nov 28, 2008 02:05am

And where do you put the chapstick when you don't have pants on?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG (Post 553711)
You really are a junkie although some of this I would not count. For example, I never go anywhere with pants on without chapstick in my pants pocket.

johnnyg08 Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by yawetag (Post 553742)
And where do you put the chapstick when you don't have pants on?

good one! :D

Kevin Finnerty Mon Dec 08, 2008 06:51pm

Quote:

OK, OK, I'll go back and cut out some of the supplies.

tballump Mon Dec 08, 2008 08:18pm

For all the equipment junkies. New balance has the 450 for $87.99 and free shipping. I think it said till Dec. 12th but I'm not sure. Anyway, last month was the same price but shipping was not free. Good luck.

Kevin Finnerty Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tballump (Post 556507)
For all the equipment junkies. New balance has the 450 for $87.99 and free shipping. I think it said till Dec. 12th but I'm not sure. Anyway, last month was the same price but shipping was not free. Good luck.

Damn! I already have two pairs, and can't justify a third. That's a great price, too. This is a gear junkie dilemma: should I buy something I already have tow of just because the price is terrific, or should I pass. Being a gear junkie is not fun at times.

aschramm Wed Dec 10, 2008 04:14pm

Equipment Bags

Do any of your equipment bags hold your chest protector? Or do you have a separate bag for it or carry it separately?

johnnyg08 Wed Dec 10, 2008 06:23pm

kind of...i put it over the top of my shins. i have the diamond bag

Kevin Finnerty Wed Dec 10, 2008 06:41pm

Platinum lays down on the bottom with the shoulders folded up one side, and the leg guards go along the other edge with the plate shoes, mask and HSM in between.

It all fits in the bottom half of the Diamond bag, which I also swear by.

DonInKansas Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:34pm

Quote:

I never go anywhere with pants on.

Wow, I wish I could get away with that.:D

aschramm Thu Dec 11, 2008 01:19pm

I just ordered the West Vest Platinum and a pair of NB 350 base shoes from ump-attire, just over $200 shipped.