The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Doubleheader situation (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/49027-doubleheader-situation.html)

JRutledge Sat Sep 20, 2008 02:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 538269)
My bad - in Illinois an Unsportsmanlike ejection is an automatic one game suspension in FED.

JJ

Actually, the suspension for an IHSA game is gone for the day until the next scheduled contest at that level. Or suspended for the next 10 days, which ever comes first. So if you were ejected during a JV game, you have to sit out all contests until the next JV game is scheduled.

Peace

Forest Ump Sat Sep 20, 2008 03:35pm

This one sure rubs me the wrong way. We stand up the entire game, in the sun sometimes, hustling into positions, maybe taking in some water between innings.

They sit every half inning, eating, drinking, and getting rest. Coaches have to be clueless to think we don't need some time to rejuvenate.

They’re young and we are.... well not quite as young. 20 minutes minimum between games at least and none of anybodies business what I do with my time.

ozzy6900 Sat Sep 20, 2008 07:34pm

• Timer on lights is not my problem.
  • I will take 20 to 30 minutes between games of a DH.
  • The league is responsible for laying down the rules of how many games a player or coach is ejected for.
Let me say this about that ejected player. If he screws up again, he's gone again! My partner excused a coach in game one. At the plate meeting for game 2, the same coach started running his mouth and I excused him for that game too. See, it's easy if the leagues don't do their job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Ives
I can't find anything in the FED rules that says an ejection is for the day

You are correct, Rich. However, many High Schools have adopted the rule that if you are ejected from a game, you will sit the next scheduled game also.

DG Sun Sep 21, 2008 08:31am

I ejected a pitcher in the first inning of a college wood bat summer league game about 3-4 years ago for directing a profane comment towards me about a call at 3b.

When the manager came out with his lineup for the 2nd game he asked me before handing me the lineup if it was going to be ok with me for him to pitch. I told him the last game is over and as long as he behaves I consider the case closed on the previous game. He pitched well in the 2nd game and behaved himself.

Unless there is a specific league rule that I am aware of to sit two for an ejection I don't make em up as I go.

JJ Sun Sep 21, 2008 02:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DG (Post 538372)
I ejected a pitcher in the first inning of a college wood bat summer league game about 3-4 years ago for directing a profane comment towards me about a call at 3b.

When the manager came out with his lineup for the 2nd game he asked me before handing me the lineup if it was going to be ok with me for him to pitch. I told him the last game is over and as long as he behaves I consider the case closed on the previous game. He pitched well in the 2nd game and behaved himself.

Unless there is a specific league rule that I am aware of to sit two for an ejection I don't make em up as I go.

I'll bet he was very well behaved, too, in that second game. The intelligent ones CAN be trained. ;)

JJ