The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   The true end of the end (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/43993-true-end-end.html)

lawump Wed Apr 30, 2008 05:30pm

The true end of the end

Actually, I wonder if the end of the end has come to Umpire.org which has been hacked today.

Every page on umpire.org has this posted (as of 6:29 p.m. on 4/30/08):

Ordu-yu Humayun [Amerika] TIM

Englısh

Think not that Allah doth not heed the deeds of those who do wrong. He but giveth them respite against a Day when the eyes will fixedly stare in horror.[ABRAHAM-42]
"Until the USA occupied to Iraq Iraqi people have to fight with blood,tear,unemployment and difficulty.........
Or do you think that you shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? they encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Messenger and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of Allah?" Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is (always) near! [AL-BAQARA-114]
We'r concluding our sentences with the sultan of our hearts, Hz. Mohammed's hadith: "One commiting sin while laughing goes to hell crying"
We are you curse on cyber
Allahu Akbar !

__________________________________________________ __________________

Turkısh

Sakın, Allah’ı zalimlerin yaptıklarından habersiz sanma! Allah onları ancak, gözlerin dehşetle bakakalacağı bir güne erteliyor. [ibrahim-42]
“ABD, Irak’ı işgal ettiğinden beri Irak halkı kan, gözyaşı, işsizlik, sıkıntı ile boğuşmak zorunda bırakılmıştır. İnsanlara akla gelmeyecek işkenceler yaparak, savaş tarihine unutulmayacak yeni örnekler bırakmışlardır. Bizler Müslümanlar olarak bizleri son derece rahatsız eden, ABD askerlerinin, cami minaresini füzelerle yıkmaları ve bunu sevinç çığlıklarıyla karşılamalarını şiddetle kınıyor ve lanetliyoruz.
Allah’ın mescidlerinde O’nun adının anılmasını engelleyen ve oraları yıkmaya çalışanlardan daha zalim kim olabilir? Oysa oralara ancak korkulu bir saygı içinde girmeleri yakışık alır. Bunları, dünyada rezil olmak, Ahirette de büyük bir azap beklemektedir. [Bakara-114]
Sözlerimize Gönüller Sultanı, iki cihan serveri, Hz. Muhammed (s.a.v)’in bir hadis-i şerifiyle son veriyoruz. ’’Gülerken Günah İşleyen, Ağlayarak Cehenneme Girer’’
Sanal Alemdeki Lanetiniz Biziz!

Allahu Akbar !

Welpe Wed Apr 30, 2008 05:59pm

I saw that this morning. Right now when you go to umpire.org you get a message with the ABUA and Umpire.org logos that says:

WE ARE UPGRADING OUR DATABASE AND FILE SERVER

WE WILL RETURN TO FULL OPERATIONS SHORTLY

ozzy6900 Wed Apr 30, 2008 06:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe
I saw that this morning. Right now when you go to umpire.org you get a message with the ABUA and Umpire.org logos that says:

That upgrade might be but it has nothing to do with the hack on the IP address Lawump was telling us about. I ran a trace at work (yes I work for a major communications company) and the link diverted from Newark, NJ to London, England, then it ran around Europe for a bit. Right now, it is pinging to Washington DC where is normally goes but the server is still down.

lawump Wed Apr 30, 2008 06:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy6900
That upgrade might be but it has nothing to do with the hack on the IP address Lawump was telling us about. I ran a trace at work (yes I work for a major communications company) and the link diverted from Newark, NJ to London, England, then it ran around Europe for a bit. Right now, it is pinging to Washington DC where is normally goes but the server is still down.

Now (7:43 p.m.) you get:

There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server, sorry for the inconvenience.

We should be back shortly.

Welpe Wed Apr 30, 2008 06:58pm

Quote:

I know what hack he's talking about as I saw it myself. I was simply stating what the root page said when I went to it at the time.

Now it says the same thing about a mysql error.

ozzy6900 Wed Apr 30, 2008 07:09pm

Quote:

I know what hack he's talking about as I saw it myself. I was simply stating what the root page said when I went to it at the time.

Now it says the same thing about a mysql error.

We have seen this attempt time and time again. It amazes me how much talent is wasted out there on stupid crap! It takes a good amount of know-how to intercept an IP call and reroute it to another route without creating loops or errors. That is unless you crash a known router and reconfigure it! Then you can divert numerous IP requests to where ever you want! BTW, hacking is part of Computer Science courses now. My son tells me in order for a good IT technician to prevent hacks, he has to know how they are done, first. Sounds like good logic to me!

Dan_ref Wed Apr 30, 2008 07:36pm

Quote:

Allah willing of course.

Welpe Wed Apr 30, 2008 07:36pm

Quote:

It amazes me how much talent is wasted out there on stupid crap!

You said it! It's a shame that the talent can't be applied to something productive.

Computer Security is a pretty big business these days and was pretty popular in the Computer Science department at the university I graduated from last year. Then there's Sarbanes-Oxley.... :eek:

Welpe Wed Apr 30, 2008 07:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Allah willing of course.

Allah what? Allah youse guys or allah dem guys?

Sorry, just shoring up my role of "infidel".

LMan Wed Apr 30, 2008 08:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Allah willing of course.

Heh. Well done, sir.

lawump Wed Apr 30, 2008 09:35pm

Reports of umpire.org's death have been greatly exaggerated.

(They're back). Freedom prevails.

SanDiegoSteve Thu May 01, 2008 02:32am

"F you Joe Bu." - Pedro Serrano.

UMP25 Thu May 01, 2008 09:54am

Quote:

Allah what? Allah youse guys or allah dem guys?

Sorry, just shoring up my role of "infidel".

I just want to know if there are 72 virgins involved. :D

UMP25 Thu May 01, 2008 09:57am

Quote:

We have seen this attempt time and time again. It amazes me how much talent is wasted out there on stupid crap! It takes a good amount of know-how to intercept an IP call and reroute it to another route without creating loops or errors. That is unless you crash a known router and reconfigure it! Then you can divert numerous IP requests to where ever you want! BTW, hacking is part of Computer Science courses now. My son tells me in order for a good IT technician to prevent hacks, he has to know how they are done, first. Sounds like good logic to me!

Here's a question for you or anyone else who might know the answer: is it possible to tap a VoIP phone line? Now, we all know that authorities when needed can tap a regular phone line to listen in, but how is it done when both parties talking are using VoIP service? My brother and I got on this subject last night, and we were curious as to how it would be done. As a former AT&T employee many moons ago, I know that tapping landline phones is relatively easy.

mbyron Thu May 01, 2008 10:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMP25
Here's a question for you or anyone else who might know the answer: is it possible to tap a VoIP phone line? Now, we all know that authorities when needed can tap a regular phone line to listen in, but how is it done when both parties talking are using VoIP service? My brother and I got on this subject last night, and we were curious as to how it would be done. As a former AT&T employee many moons ago, I know that tapping landline phones is relatively easy.

VoIP, as you probably know, goes over the internet. It's easy to intercept internet signals: just put your sniffer somewhere on the target's route. So the question comes down to whether the signal is interpretable, which depends on whether or not it's encoded. As far as I know, VoIP signals are not routinely encoded, and that's partly for bandwidth considerations.