The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Coming soon from the NFHS (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/42932-coming-soon-nfhs.html)

Tim C Fri Mar 21, 2008 05:27pm

Coming soon from the NFHS

On line pdf access to all National Federation Rules and Case Books.

For a $20 fee any official will be able to reference all of the books published by the Federation.

The "Resource Library" also intends to scan all back issues of rule books, case books, newsletters and early season interpretations for all sports.

A "Fine Arts" section will also be developed at a later date.

This is a great change and should help all of us be better high school officials in states that use NFHS rules.

Regards,

Tim Christensen

Publication Committee Member
National Federation of State High Schools

"High School Today"

Steve M Fri Mar 21, 2008 05:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim C

For a $20 fee any official will be able to reference all of the books published by the Federation.

The "Resource Library" also intends to scan all back issues of rule books, case books, newsletters and early season interpretations for all sports.

This is a great change and should help all of us be better high school officials in states that use NFHS rules.

Regards,

Tim Christensen

"High School Today"

AMEN!

waltjp Fri Mar 21, 2008 05:49pm

Tim, I've seen and accessed some of the online rule books already and I think it would be fantastic if back issues were available. Question - what's the "Fine Arts" section?

ozzy6900 Fri Mar 21, 2008 06:14pm

Quote:

Regards,

Tim Christensen

"High School Today"

FINALLY! We Thank You!!!

BigUmp56 Fri Mar 21, 2008 06:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy6900
FINALLY! We Thank You!!!

Hey, how's the noggin doin, Ozz?

Tim.

ozzy6900 Fri Mar 21, 2008 06:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigUmp56
Hey, how's the noggin doin, Ozz?

Tim.

Not bad, Tim. The sutures came out after 5 days and the scar is not too bad at all. Unfortunately, the following night of my fall, another worker in my department fell in almost the same spot. She broke her ankle pretty bad - pins, screws and mesh. She will be out until well into the Summer.

Mario

BigUmp56 Fri Mar 21, 2008 07:13pm

Truth is, Mario, I was hoping the konk on the head would bring about an improvement in you!

he-he

Glad to hear you're feeling better.............

Tim.

BigGuy Fri Mar 21, 2008 07:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by waltjp
Tim, I've seen and accessed some of the online rule books already and I think it would be fantastic if back issues were available. Question - what's the "Fine Arts" section?

You have a link?

Rags 11 Fri Mar 21, 2008 08:10pm

Tim...

Outstanding! Nice job.

AR

bob jenkins Fri Mar 21, 2008 08:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGuy
You have a link?

Go to the nfhs forum you (we) are already on, and go to the "general discussion" form (or whatever it's called -- the one after all the sports.).

There's a thread from the nfhs dealing wiht this and it provides a link

DonInKansas Sat Mar 22, 2008 05:15am

Is that a per-year deal, or will 20 bucks get you permanent access as long as you're an official?

Tim C Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:35am

Don:

I really think you know the answer to your own question.

$20 per year.

BTW, I personally had nothing to so woith this new service . . . but thanks anyway.

Regards,

PeteBooth Sat Mar 22, 2008 02:34pm

[QUOTE]
Quote:

Hi Tee

Thanks for the info but shouldn't our annual dues cover this cost.?

In other words presently at least in my association we get the Rule/Case books "free" so to speak meaning the cost is included in our annual association Dues.

Thanks

Pete Booth

GarthB Sat Mar 22, 2008 02:58pm

[QUOTE=PeteBooth]
Quote:

Hi Tee

Thanks for the info but shouldn't our annual dues cover this cost.?

In other words presently at least in my association we get the Rule/Case books "free" so to speak meaning the cost is included in our annual association Dues.

Thanks

Pete Booth
Your association is paying for the books. There is no free lunch.

The library being made available on line is not just the two books.

MajorDave Sat Mar 22, 2008 07:39pm

Guys.......

I just went to NFHS to look for something else and remembered this thread. I checked and found the 2008 Rules book is online in PDF form already. I am a registered NFHS website user. (anyone who is licensed/certified/member of NFHS can do so.)

There is also a 2008 casebook online PDF link (it did not open for me-gave an error message)

There is also a field diagram PDF

Good luck and be patient-page loads slowly and I have uber DSL from AT&T.

Dave