The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Baseball Rules on Tape? (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/42714-baseball-rules-tape.html)

martynva Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:42pm

Baseball Rules on Tape?

Does anyone know of a MLB Rulebook "on tape"? I would like to find a place where I might be able to download the rule book as an MP3 file and then I could listen to the rules as I drive, commute, etc.

Thanks for the assistance.

Marty

shickenbottom Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by martynva
Does anyone know of a MLB Rulebook "on tape"? I would like to find a place where I might be able to download the rule book as an MP3 file and then I could listen to the rules as I drive, commute, etc.

Thanks for the assistance.

Marty

Kinda like an audio book?

If so, I know of nothing of the such. However, to help you know and understand the rules, case plays, ect. I would recommend getting the MLBUM, Jacksa/Roder, and other item. Make your own. However, you may want to devise a script first. Organize your rules and case plays into: "Progression of the game" type topics. If you put some decent work into it, by organizing it and developing it into a teaching tool, you could sell it for $19.95 a copy. Burn it onto CD's with specific chapters covering certain aspects.

Potentially you could make some good money.

martynva Fri Mar 14, 2008 02:31pm

Rules on Tape

I'm hoping that someone has already done the work and has a product availale?
I have a long drive next week, and was hoping to Listen and Learn while on the road.
Marty

JJ Fri Mar 14, 2008 08:22pm

Quote:

I'm hoping that someone has already done the work and has a product availale?
I have a long drive next week, and was hoping to Listen and Learn while on the road.
Marty

Take your "significant other" and have them read to you. Then reward them for their work.

JJ

martynva Sat Mar 15, 2008 04:52pm

Ttt

Anyone?

GarthB Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:02am

Quote:

Anyone?

What's it worth to you? I'll have a couple of weeks off starting March 26 and, if you don't mind a little medication induced slurred speech, I'll be happy to get to work on it. I figure I could record two rules a day and send them to you as installments.;)

mbyron Sun Mar 16, 2008 07:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarthB
What's it worth to you? I'll have a couple of weeks off starting March 26 and, if you don't mind a little medication induced slurred speech, I'll be happy to get to work on it. I figure I could record two rules a day and send them to you as installments.;)

Garth, this project would be a real service to seeing-impaired umpires the world over. :D

DonInKansas Mon Mar 17, 2008 03:49am

Do it yourself? All it takes is a comp, a microphone, and a rules reading session you should be doing anyways. Just read out loud instead of to yourself...:p