Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 03, 2007, 04:40pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Sour grapes

Look here:

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/213980

11 total errors, 6 by the losing team.

Last edited by Rich; Mon Sep 03, 2007 at 04:45pm.
Old Mon Sep 03, 2007, 05:00pm

Yeah, his second baseman and center fielder wouldn't lie, would they? They are of course totally unbiased, impartial observers, right?

And where were all the egregious calls by the umpires to which that loser was referring? I only heard him complaining about the no-catch call. Where are all the other "mistakes" the umpires made while his club was kicking the ball all around the yard?

And they wonder why we call them rats.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Mon Sep 03, 2007, 05:06pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Yeah, his second baseman and center fielder wouldn't lie, would they? They are of course totally unbiased, impartial observers, right?

And where were all the egregious calls by the umpires to which that loser was referring? I only heard him complaining about the no-catch call. Where are all the other "mistakes" the umpires made while his club was kicking the ball all around the yard?

And they wonder why we call them rats.
I assign the league and was at the game observing the umpires (and drinking beer, of course).

U1 went out immediately, was right on top of the play, and signaled immediately. F9 came up throwing, not to third to catch a runner who left early, but to the plate. He never even suggested he caught it until F4 said something to him. The manager came out, but went back quickly and it never even approached the level of "controversy" during the game. Only afterwards, upon "reflection," I guess.
Old Mon Sep 03, 2007, 06:39pm
Official Forum Member

this is the PERFECT stroy that makes me CERTAIN that i took the right attitude years ago--i stopped caring what rats and players think about ANYthing related to the game-- and call MY game and the RULES. when my assigner thinks the RATS know more than i do, i QUIT.
It's sad when you're at a baseball game and realize that you'll never have the money, status or talent that the guys on the field take for granted. And it gets even worse when the grounds crew gives way to the players.