The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Gear Question (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/36981-gear-question.html)

JJ Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:11pm

Gear Question

Does anyone know if POS has a website, and if not, a phone number? I've tried Google with no luck.....thanks!

JJ

BigUmp56 Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ
Does anyone know if POS has a website, and if not, a phone number? I've tried Google with no luck.....thanks!

JJ

Here you are, JJ.

+POS

Tim.

JJ Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:14pm

Thanks, that's "Big" of you!

JJ

etn_ump Sat Jul 28, 2007 03:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ

JJ

You'll be sorry!

wsttxump Sat Jul 28, 2007 04:28pm

Lucky

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ
I've tried Google with no luck.....thanks!

JJ

Consider that a sign and move on to the next supplier.

kylejt Sat Jul 28, 2007 06:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ

JJ

JJ,

+POS has a recent reputation for horrible customer service. They'll take orders on the website, and not deliver for months. BUT I've found a way around this. Pick what you want, and then call them. Tell them you need your order by a certain date, and any later is useless to you. (I've used the story of going overseas). This has forced their hand in telling me if the stuff is in stock or not. It's worked for me for the past couple of years.

They have a few things that I absolutely love. For everything else it's Honigs.com.

briancurtin Sat Jul 28, 2007 07:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsttxump
Consider that a sign and move on to the next supplier.

i already knew the site address, but i did two different google searches: they were the first and second results in the second of my searches.
i guess that could also be a great sign for them

BigUmp56 Sat Jul 28, 2007 07:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by briancurtin
i already knew the site address, but i did two different google searches: they were the first and second results in the second of my searches.
i guess that could also be a great sign for them

You'd need to enter their corporate name to get a first hit.

Parsons Officials Supply.

Tim.

ozzy6900 Sat Jul 28, 2007 07:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ

JJ

You would not find it by searching for POS or +POS. You have to search under "plus pos"! Why? I have no idea!

Heed the warnings of others! +POS is not a good company to deal with anymore.

Just some advise

BigUmp56 Sat Jul 28, 2007 07:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozzy6900

Heed the warnings of others! +POS is not a good company to deal with anymore.

Just some advise

They don't call themselves POS for nothing!

Tim.

JJ Sat Jul 28, 2007 07:53pm

I'm aware that their reputation has been suspect for years. Fortunately I only deal with them once every 5 years or so when I need new plate shoes or indicators. Unfortunately this is the year I need new plate shoes and indicators.
Thanks, guys -

JJ

SanDiegoSteve Sun Jul 29, 2007 03:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ
I'm aware that their reputation has been suspect for years. Fortunately I only deal with them once every 5 years or so when I need new plate shoes or indicators. Unfortunately this is the year I need new plate shoes and indicators.
Thanks, guys -

JJ

As far as the indicators go, you can get the +POS style 3-2-2 style large indicators anywhere these days, not just at +POS. They should start calling it -POS.

Rcichon Sun Jul 29, 2007 07:31pm

Another question while we're on the subject...

How do you guys wash your West Platinum or Gold?
Specifically, do you immerse, use detergent or hand soap, spray on?

I have a platinum and use a wet cloth, mild hand soap and rinse frequently.

Seems to work but I'm wondering if I'm damaging the padding inside. I do not soak it.

Thanks.

bobbybanaduck Mon Jul 30, 2007 03:34pm

i've never actually washed a protector. i used to spray lysol on, but now i use antimicrobial febreeze after the game, and that's it.

DG Mon Jul 30, 2007 08:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbybanaduck
i've never actually washed a protector. i used to spray lysol on, but now i use antimicrobial febreeze after the game, and that's it.

I spray mine with a water hose every now and then and lay it in front of a box fan in the garage to dry. In between I spray Febreeze on it and wipe it down with a soft rag. Same with my shin guards.

kylejt Tue Jul 31, 2007 01:02am

If you're going to order plate shoes (one of the two only things I order from them), do it in December when they're 20% off.

As for cleaning your WV, how can you guys NOT clean them?! Yuk!

For my Platinum, I remove the pad, and soak it in warm water and soap. I squeeze and scrub it, and rinse the heck out of it. Hang dry. I paint the rivets, so they won't rust, and put felt dots over them.