The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Charged Conference??? (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/33558-charged-conference.html)

VaCoach Tue Apr 10, 2007 07:30am

Charged Conference???

I saw this last night and wanted to know how was correct. Third base coach called time to talk with batter, immediately the coach of the other team ran out to the mound to talk to his pitcher. As the third base coach stopped his offensive conference, so did the pitcher's coach. Umpire told defensive coach that was one of his 3 charged conferences, he disagreed and said he had right to talk when the third base coach called time. Who is correct? I have seen third base coach talk to a batter while a defensive conference was going on at the mound. Is this the same thing??

LMan Tue Apr 10, 2007 08:24am

FED 3-4-5: "When either team has a charged conference, the other team may also have a conference which is not charged......"

LomUmp Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:04pm

Hey all,

Is there an OBR reference for the same?

LomUmp:cool:

Rich Ives Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LomUmp
Hey all,

No.

plus this to get to 10 characters in the message

SanDiegoSteve Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LomUmp
Hey all,

The offense is permitted a conference when the defense makes a trip to the mound. If the offense calls time and the defensive coach confers with his pitcher, the defense is always charged with a conference (same as NCAA interpretation).

LomUmp Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Ives
No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
The offense is permitted a conference when the defense makes a trip to the mound. If the offense calls time and the defensive coach confers with his pitcher, the defense is always charged with a conference (same as NCAA interpretation).

Hey all,

Thanks for the replies. I thought this was the case, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

GarthB Tue Apr 10, 2007 03:31pm

Quote:

No.

plus this to get to 10 characters in the message

Why? <comment>

mcrowder Tue Apr 10, 2007 04:16pm

This is the third time this has happened. Garth seems to be the only one able to make posts less than 10 characters. However, EVERY time he does, it effectively ends the thread for me. I cannot see any posts past his ... and cannot even see the "Reply" button below his post or the normal stuff you see at the bottom.

VERY strange. Thought it was a glitch the first time. Thought I was losing my mind the 2nd time. The 3rd time though? I now know that it's a consistent thing. I know I can post this ... but I also know I'll never see it.

UmpJM Tue Apr 10, 2007 04:24pm

mcrowder,

Me too! Exactly the same thing as you described.

I opened the HTML source from my browser and that's the only way I was able to see your reply. First noticed this a couple of weeks ago. Didn't see anything obvious (to me) in the HTML that would cause the page display to truncate like that.

JM

UmpJM Tue Apr 10, 2007 04:39pm

Ah hah!

After a little further investigation, it appears there is a "comment" tag (i.e.,<> surrounding the word comment) that for some reason causes the page diplay to terminate at that point.

Garth, any idea what's causing that?

JM

TussAgee11 Tue Apr 10, 2007 04:59pm

I can do it

JerzeeRef Tue Apr 10, 2007 07:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve

As per FED 3.4 art.5: When either team has a charged conference, the other team may also have a conference, which is not charged, provided the conference concludes when the opposing team's charged conference concludes, so that the game is not further delayed.

Rich Ives Tue Apr 10, 2007 07:03pm

Well Garth, I don't know what you did but I got a "has to be at least 10 charactes" error.

BTW, the "Quote" box didn't show up in your post.

Jurassic Referee Tue Apr 10, 2007 07:08pm

Quote:

Well Garth, I don't know what you did but I got a "has to be at least 10 charactes" error.

BTW, the "Quote" box didn't show up in your post.

:D <i></i>

LMan Tue Apr 10, 2007 09:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerzeeRef
As per FED 3.4 art.5: When either team has a charged conference, the other team may also have a conference, which is not charged, provided the conference concludes when the opposing team's charged conference concludes, so that the game is not further delayed.

Gee, wish I'd thought of that.