The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Ball hits hands..... (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/33329-ball-hits-hands.html)

blindofficial Mon Apr 02, 2007 01:19am

Ball hits hands.....

Batter gets hit in the hands (batter did swing) and ball goes fair.. Dead ball, correct? GarthB says it's fair and I disagree with him.

GarthB Mon Apr 02, 2007 01:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindofficial
Batter gets hit in the hands (batter did swing) and ball goes fair.. Fair, live ball, correct?

You're kidding, right?

Deadball strike.

Jurassic Referee Mon Apr 02, 2007 05:26am

Quote:

Batter gets hit in the hands (batter did swing) and ball goes fair.. Dead ball, correct? GarthB says it's fair and I disagree with him.

LOL.....your original post got cited before you went back and changed it. <b>You</b> said it was fair originally, not him. Good try though.

ozzy6900 Mon Apr 02, 2007 06:05am

Quote:

Strike 2 For You!

Blindofficial, please do the following:
  1. Find your rulebook
  2. Open your rulebook.
  3. Actually read your rules
Let us know when you have completed the above task so we can stop laughing!

waltjp Mon Apr 02, 2007 06:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWL
No. Award the batter first base for being hit by a pitch. All other runners return to base occupied at time of pitch. The hands are not part of the bat.

:confused:

Might be correct, except for 1 detail...the batter swung at the pitch.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Mon Apr 02, 2007 06:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWL
No. Award the batter first base for being hit by a pitch. All other runners return to base occupied at time of pitch. The hands are not part of the bat.

PWL:

Please tell me your answer is a delayed April Fool's Day joke? I only umpire using NFHS rules and NFHS R5-S1-A1a1 states: [The] "Ball becomes dead immediately when a ptich touches a batter or his clothing (R8-S1-A1d, a runner (R8-S3-A1a); The ball becomes dead even though the batter strikes at it (R8-S1-A1d). Furthermore, NFHS Casebook Play 5.1.1 Situation E states: "On the third strike, B3 swinga at and misses a ptich. The ball touches his arm or person. RULING: B3 is out. The ball becomes dead immediately. (R5-S1-A1a[1], R8-S1-A1d)

And I am willing to bet dollars to donuts that the rule is also the same for both NCAA and MLB.

MTD, Sr.

RPatrino Mon Apr 02, 2007 08:51am

That would be an "ouch" strike. Ball is dead. Please tell me everyone knows this...

LMan Mon Apr 02, 2007 09:36am

Quote:

Pathetic. Even LittleBoyBlue hasn't stooped to this (yet). :p

UMP25 Mon Apr 02, 2007 09:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
And I am willing to bet dollars to donuts that the rule is also the same for both NCAA and MLB.

MTD, Sr.

Indeed it is.

GarthB Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:40am

Quote:

Nice try, however:

1. Everyone can read my non-edited post and see what I actually said.

2. I copied your original post in my post, so everyone can see what you actually said.

Wow. First LittleBoyBlue makes it obvious that he's not a kid starting out but an anonymous troll, and now you lay out the evidence in your case.

Here's a hint for your next try: You gotta be smarter than your keyboard.

Rcichon Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:06am

Now thats funny rite there...

Blind you must be so embarrassed about now, eh?

TussAgee11 Mon Apr 02, 2007 03:27pm

I think Dan knew this one.