The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Short Sleeve Jackets (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/32826-short-sleeve-jackets.html)

3appleshigh Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:26pm

Short Sleeve Jackets

Anyone know where you can buy the Short sleeve or convertable sleeve jackets the Majors had last year??

kylejt Sat Mar 17, 2007 01:48pm

Those aren't jackets, they're smocks. They looked ridiculous.

Look, it's either cold, or it's not. Wear a long sleeved jersey if you can't decide.

Only MLB umpire groupies will be sporting these this year.

Don't be that guy.

3appleshigh Sat Mar 17, 2007 02:15pm

It would be an honour to be that guy, I thought they looked Awesome, and in Canada, we have lots of days where a windbreaker that isn't long sleeved would be great. Sorry you don't like them.

bossman72 Sat Mar 17, 2007 02:40pm

yeah, i would use a long sleeved shirt with under armour instead of a short sleeved jacket. i've never seen those, but i dont think that would be my cup of tea.

mrm21711 Sat Mar 17, 2007 04:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3appleshigh
It would be an honour to be that guy, I thought they looked Awesome, and in Canada, we have lots of days where a windbreaker that isn't long sleeved would be great. Sorry you don't like them.

So about an extra foot of sleeve length makes that much of a difference between a regular pullover and those "smocks?"

Sorry, Im in the "those jackets are hideous" group.

Its just a matter of time before Honig's starts selling them, though.

tiger49 Sat Mar 17, 2007 09:21pm

Quote:

Ward and Patch has a windbreaker that can be converted to short sleeves if need be. It comes in Navy or Black.

3appleshigh Mon Mar 19, 2007 03:07pm

I freakin hate Ward and patch, but will take a look, I want one that is definatly UMPIRE, not simply a convertable jacket, Thanks though.

briancurtin Mon Mar 19, 2007 07:31pm

Quote:

I freakin hate Ward and patch, but will take a look, I want one that is definatly UMPIRE, not simply a convertable jacket, Thanks though.

Majestic A3630
how i remember that number, i dont know, but chris hickman once told me thats the model number for the MLB short sleeved jacket. i believe he has one and that he got it from the Majestic outlet.

Rich Mon Mar 19, 2007 08:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylejt
Those aren't jackets, they're smocks. They looked ridiculous.

Look, it's either cold, or it's not. Wear a long sleeved jersey if you can't decide.

Only MLB umpire groupies will be sporting these this year.

Don't be that guy.

Funny, I did a search on the Majestic number given above and it brought up another thread where you mocked someone looking for this jacket last year. What's the point?

LDUB Mon Mar 19, 2007 09:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Fronheiser
Funny, I did a search on the Majestic number given above and it brought up another thread where you mocked someone looking for this jacket last year. What's the point?

Also note that this fashion advice is being given by someone who has posted that he wears black ball bags with a navy shirt.

Rich Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDUB
Also note that this fashion advice is being given by someone who has posted that he wears black ball bags with a navy shirt.

Maybe he's shooting for the bruise look.

GarthB Tue Mar 20, 2007 01:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDUB

1. I know of some associations that require black hat, belt and ball bags with all shirt colors.

2. I think black pretty much goes with most colors.

3appleshigh Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:03am

True it goes with most colours, Navy blue just ain't one of them. LOL

Rich Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarthB
1. I know of some associations that require black hat, belt and ball bags with all shirt colors.

2. I think black pretty much goes with most colors.

Except navy blue.

And the darker gray pants don't go with navy, either.

pingswinger Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:22pm

Are you saying the darker gray pants don't go with navy shirts or navy ball bags?