The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   New Balance Plate Shoes (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/32181-new-balance-plate-shoes.html)

emmurphy Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:21am

New Balance Plate Shoes

Quick questions...

1) Gerry Davis has different New Balance Plate shoes then everyone else - according to the pictures - although I saw the Gerry Davis style via Honigs East at the Philadelphia NCAA conference... Do all the NB Plate shoes have an "N" on the instep plate - I know some redesign was done to reduce a problem with ripping.

2) Anyone have these? How do they feel? Run big/small/other?

I first saw them on the MiLB AA guys in Akron after the strike.

Murph

etn_ump Sun Feb 25, 2007 05:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmurphy
Quick questions...

1) Gerry Davis has different New Balance Plate shoes then everyone else - according to the pictures - although I saw the Gerry Davis style via Honigs East at the Philadelphia NCAA conference... Do all the NB Plate shoes have an "N" on the instep plate - I know some redesign was done to reduce a problem with ripping.

Murph

1) Didn't notice the difference. Gerry Davis' NB are the same as mine purchased last year. All the NB I have seen have the white/silver N. The ripping problem was with the foot guard on top of the shoes disconnecting from the toe area.

2) Order exact size, but order the wides.

briancurtin Sun Feb 25, 2007 05:32pm

1. my NB plate shoes have the N on the instep, and i got them in maybe june or july of this past year -- i ordered them from honigs

2. i like them a lot. i like that they are comfortable like regular base shoes or any casual gym shoes, but offer the protection needed as a plate shoe. i can only compare these to +POS plate shoes, which i thought were heavy, and id choose these NB plate shoes over them any day. some people will debate that they look ugly, but i dont think so.
i ordered them in regular size that i wear in NB's other shoes, since i wear their running type shoes all the time, so you should probably order regular size. i have no idea about ordering wide width like etn_ump said, ive never done it or needed it.

mrm21711 Sun Feb 25, 2007 07:40pm

Quote:

Quick questions...

Murph

I believe everybody else who sells these shoes, other than Davis, does not have the "updated" photo of the shoes with the "N" on the met guard.

emmurphy Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:06pm

Thanks...

Exactly what I was looking for - thanks guys! If anyone is interested - www.umpstore.com has them $10 cheaper then anyone else, + 5%.

www.shoebuy.com has them a little more then anyone else, but has free shipping and returns (important for shoes) and claims they will match any price + 10%. I used them with my UPROMISE account (10% rebate to my kids college account).

Always looking for an angle...

Murph

blindofficial Tue Feb 27, 2007 05:04am

Quote:

Exactly what I was looking for - thanks guys! If anyone is interested - www.umpstore.com has them $10 cheaper then anyone else, + 5%.

www.shoebuy.com has them a little more then anyone else, but has free shipping and returns (important for shoes) and claims they will match any price + 10%. I used them with my UPROMISE account (10% rebate to my kids college account).

Always looking for an angle...

Murph

My only problem is BIG feet. Size 14 anyone? Anywhere?

LMan Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindofficial

dayyyuuuummm...maybe a couple of these?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Runaground.jpg

SanDiegoSteve Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindofficial

I wear 14s for most brands, as 13s are usually too small. Our feet are not big when compared with the likes of say, Shaq, or Oscar Robertson.;)

I wore size 12 in 9th grade. My dad said I didn't need shoes because I already had water skis. That, or I had a "good understanding.":rolleyes: