The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Sep 30, 2006, 07:36pm
Official Forum Member

Honigs k70 plate shoes

I recently got a pair of Honigs k70 plate shoes from another member here. Whats your guy's take on these shoes? The only issue i found with them, where the steel toe ends, its a little unfortable as it rubs against the outside part of my foot...however a pair of padded plate socks has fixed that issue. Whats your thoughts?
Old Sat Sep 30, 2006, 10:25pm
Official Forum Member

Wear the Socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLPA13UmpDan
I recently got a pair of Honigs k70 plate shoes from another member here. Whats your guy's take on these shoes? The only issue i found with them, where the steel toe ends, its a little unfortable as it rubs against the outside part of my foot...however a pair of padded plate socks has fixed that issue. Whats your thoughts?
We have discussed this steel toe issue before during the spring. There is no need to discuss it again either. It appears
Quote:
a pair of padded plate socks has fixed that issue. Whats your thoughts?
Best wishes and congratulations!
Old Sat Sep 30, 2006, 10:40pm
Official Forum Member

oh, sorry i didnt know. obviously i wansnt on this forum last spring
Old Sun Oct 01, 2006, 12:24am
Official Forum Member

May I Comment Again?

Quote:
oh, sorry i didnt know. obviously i wansnt on this forum last spring
Type plate shoe into the search feature of this website and read previous threads if you like. I am not suggesting there is something wrong with the shoes you now have, but I am suggesting you find another NEW pair. What size shoe do you normally wear and what size is your "new" plate shoe? If your shoes are as tight as you first suggest, you should consider wearing a pair that doesn't hurt the outside part of your foot. I would suggest ONE size larger. Having sore feet at the end of the day should not be considered. I would rather wear comfortable shoes, even if it means spending a little extra.
Old Sun Oct 01, 2006, 08:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Are these used or new? If they're new, then they likely don't fit. They might be the wrong size or your foot might not be "compatible" with these types of shoes.

I wouldn't wear "used" shoes. Everyone's feet are different and the used shoes have been broken in to fit someone else's feet.
Old Sun Oct 01, 2006, 09:24am
Official Forum Member

They havent even been broken in, I got them from Bandit, who tried them but didnt like them. They are the right size, 11 1/2.
Old Sun Oct 01, 2006, 09:29am
Official Forum Member

Are you sure you don't need a wide width? Any steel toed shoe will be uncomfortable if it's regular width and you need wide. Also be aware that different brands are sized a little different. If you wear a 11.5 in one brand doesnt mean that you wear 11.5 in all brands. You may need to size up or down a little.
Old Sun Oct 01, 2006, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigUmp56 Send a message via Yahoo to BigUmp56
If the shoes are just a little small you can go to a good shoe store and buy a shoe stretcher. This is what you're looking for.

Tim.
Old Sun Oct 01, 2006, 09:35am
Official Forum Member

Thanks Tim, I will look for one. That might be what i need. My foot fits perfectly in the shoe, but there the steel toe ends, it rubs depending on how im standing. The padded plate socks i have gotten pretty much pix the issue, though.
Old Sun Oct 01, 2006, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56
If the shoes are just a little small you can go to a good shoe store and buy a shoe stretcher. This is what you're looking for.

Tim.
If you need to stretch just 1 pair of shoes, I would suggest going to a hockey equiptment shop. They can stretch hockey skates so I would imagine they will also stretch plate shoes. It will cost you about $3...
Old Sun Oct 01, 2006, 11:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigUmp56

Tim.
Al Bundy would be proud.