The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Don't waste your $ on Carl's videos (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/27478-dont-waste-your-carls-videos.html)

spots101 Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:41pm

Don't waste your $ on Carl's videos

Is it me or did anyone else find them horrible. That background of half paneling and half drywall was obnoxious and all's he did was just stand there. I thought you could do better than that Carl. I just seemed like a half-a$$ed way to make a buck. I returned them for a refund.

SanDiegoSteve Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by spots101
Is it me or did anyone else find them horrible. That background of half paneling and half drywall was obnoxious and all's he did was just stand there. I thought you could do better than that Carl. I just seemed like a half-a$$ed way to make a buck. I returned them for a refund.

Perhaps you can do your rendition of The Birdcage on his next video to spice things up a bit.:p

jwwashburn Tue Jul 18, 2006 01:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by spots101

Excellent DVDs for new umpires. Well worth the price. I used them for a new umpires clinic and I thought that they were very helpful.

Mr. Spots why not offer a suggestion of a product that you endorse instead of a personal attack on Papa C?

Joe

wsttxump Tue Jul 18, 2006 01:19pm

Huh

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwwashburn
Excellent DVDs for new umpires. Well worth the price. I used them for a new umpires clinic and I thought that they were very helpful.

Mr. Spots why not offer a suggestion of a product that you endorse instead of a personal attack on Papa C?

Joe

Where is the personal attack? He stated his opinion and what he saw in the DVD. Maybe he hasn't seen other products and was expressing his view on this one. I am not a big fan of Childress products but it is up to everyone to make their own opinions.

James

spots101 Tue Jul 18, 2006 01:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Perhaps you can do your rendition of The Birdcage on his next video to spice things up a bit.

Good one!! That was funny!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwwashburn

I'm sorry but at the very least he could have put on some long sleeves and gotten out on the field instead of standing in some Moose Club dining room.

I've heard people on this board talk about professionalism and quality on the field but what about videos?? Again, it looked like some feeble attempt to make some quick cash.

pdxblue Tue Jul 18, 2006 04:29pm

I used my $25 for signing up here on his two books. After seeing this thread, I should have went for the videos!

:eek: