The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Summary of 2006 OBR Rule Changes (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/26859-summary-2006-obr-rule-changes.html)

UMP25 Sat Jun 03, 2006 01:05am

Summary of 2006 OBR Rule Changes

I've compiled a summary of the changes in OBR. I've left out the administrative changes, those minor changes that clean up old wording, and stuff that doesn't apply to amateur ball played under OBR. Text that's highlighted in red indicates stuff that was deleted from the old OBR, while yellow highlighted text indicates changes/additions. Where you see "Editor's Note" indicates my own personal comments on what was changed or why.

Thanks go to Bob Jenkins here for his input, as well as Mr. Roder, who answered a couple questions I had, and for MLB # 45 for his explanations as well.

I can't attach it here because it keeps telling me it's 94.2 kb too big (and editing it, reformatting it, etc., hasn't helped), so if anyone wants a copy of this, let me know to where I can Email it.

BigUmp56 Sat Jun 03, 2006 01:10am

I'll take you up on that offer.

Thanks,

Tim.

[email protected]

UMP25 Sat Jun 03, 2006 01:12am

You've got mail.

Forest Ump Sat Jun 03, 2006 01:16am

Please forward a copy to me [email protected]

UMP25 Sat Jun 03, 2006 01:19am

You've got mail, Steve.

And on that note, I'm hitting the sack. Busy weekend ahead of me. BTW, if anyone notices a glaring error in that summary, let me know. I finalized it late Friday night in a race to get it to our guys by Saturday, the start of our summer league OBR leagues. Any questions I had were verified by the aforementioned individuals, so there shouldn't be any problems with it.

Later...

UMP25 Sat Jun 03, 2006 01:55am

You've got mail, Steve.

The other Steve and Tim, I resent you it because an "e" was dropped from a word and someone who got the file actually scolded me on it. :p

OK, NOW I'm going to bed. I have a doubleheader in 10 hours.

CJN Sat Jun 03, 2006 07:46am

I'd like a copy.

[email protected]

Justme Sat Jun 03, 2006 09:26am

I'd like a copy too -- thanks

When you have the time I would appreciate a copy too.

Thanks

[email protected]

UMP25 Sat Jun 03, 2006 09:44am

Just sent you two it.

Justme Sat Jun 03, 2006 09:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by UMP25
Just sent you two it.

Received

I appreciate your work it looks good - Thanks again

UMP25 Sat Jun 03, 2006 09:58am

No problem. It's not really a work of art, just an informal little thing I threw together to help summarize all the frickin' OBR changes, of which there were plenty!

The biggest point of confusion, IMHO, is the change in 7.09(b). According to the explanation on p. 4 of the OBR book, they eliminated redundant rules on the batter hitting the ball twice and reclassified all of 7.09.

OK, then where is the other reference of the batter hitting the ball twice? Perhaps I glossed over it somewhere else, because from what some folks told me, it looks like they've eliminated that rule altogether, which seems strange.

SanDiegoSteve Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:28am

Thanks for sending it. You did a really good job on it!

Steve

bossman72 Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:23am

Ump25,

Please enable private messaging so i can give you my email. I'm just not comfortable posting my email in public.

BlueLawyer Sat Jun 03, 2006 02:25pm

Me too, please

[email protected]

Thanks!

Strikes and outs!

UMP25 Sat Jun 03, 2006 05:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bossman72
Ump25,

Please enable private messaging so i can give you my email. I'm just not comfortable posting my email in public.

Done. I thought I had it enabled; obviously I didn't.

BL, you've got mail.