The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   2006 BRD (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/24805-2006-brd.html)

ozzy6900 Tue Feb 07, 2006 07:57am

Okay, I'll ask the question.

Carl, can we expect to see a BRD for 2006?

umpduck11 Tue Feb 07, 2006 09:12pm

I hope it's soon. I'm owed one
from my "coupon" when I renewed
my subscription to the paid side.

chuckfan1 Tue Feb 07, 2006 09:48pm

Here is a reply I got from RightSports a few days ago when inquiring about redeeming my "coupon" for the 2006 BRD.........

"Unfortunately right now we, ourselves, are still waiting and trying to convince the author to write 2006 BRD. As of now I have no confirmation on that matter....."

If Carl hasnt penned it by now, doubt we will see one this year?

largeone59 Wed Feb 08, 2006 01:09am

c'mon Carl, get off your arse!! You have hundreds of BRD addicts waiting for their fix! :D :D

Carl Childress Thu Feb 09, 2006 07:21pm

Quote:

Originally posted by largeone59
c'mon Carl, get off your arse!! You have hundreds of BRD addicts waiting for their fix! :D :D
Strange: I posted a reply earlier (I thought).

The BRD, which this year will contain the integrated officfial interpretations, will be shipping around the middle of February.

It's on sale now.

Thanks for the interest.

largeone59 Thu Feb 09, 2006 08:49pm

cool, i'll have to put my order in.

can you provide a link Carl? I can only find the 2005.

[Edited by largeone59 on Feb 9th, 2006 at 09:05 PM]

Carl Childress Thu Feb 09, 2006 09:30pm

Quote:

Originally posted by largeone59
cool, i'll have to put my order in.

can you provide a link Carl? I can only find the 2005.

[Edited by largeone59 on Feb 9th, 2006 at 09:05 PM]

Order the 2005. There aren't anymore. So the default will be 2006.

ozzy6900 Fri Feb 10, 2006 08:59am

Thanks Carl, my order's in!

bob jenkins Fri Feb 10, 2006 09:06am

Quote:

Originally posted by Carl Childress
the integrated officfial interpretations,
Please explain what you mean by this term -- it's a new one to me.

Thanks

Carl Childress Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:22am

Quote:

Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:

Thanks

Well, gosh, Bob, you've been hanging around Windy too much, I guess. An "officfial" interpretation is one that only Texans receive before the season starts. I though everyone knew that.

RPatrino Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:43am

Is that how you really spell integrated?

BobP

bob jenkins Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:15pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

Well, gosh, Bob, you've been hanging around Windy too much, I guess. An "officfial" interpretation is one that only Texans receive before the season starts. I though everyone knew that.

I meant it as a serious question -- not as a question about the typing skills (heaven knows I've plenty of tyoing and spelling ewrrors in my posts).

What are "integrated official interpretations?" that haven;t been in the book before?

piaa_ump Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:38pm

2006 BRD

My order is in!.........

Carl Childress Fri Feb 10, 2006 01:41pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

I meant it as a serious question -- not as a question about the typing skills (heaven knows I've plenty of tyoing and spelling ewrrors in my posts).

What are "integrated official interpretations?" that haven;t been in the book before?

Each year the FED puts out a rulebook and case book. Then (for many years) in March and April they would include "late-breaking" interpretations in their house organ called <i>The Federation News</i>. Nowadays, they post those on the website.

For the last four years (ever since I contracted with Right Sports), I've published the book around the first of February, <i>before</i> the "official interpretations" were available.

This year I decided to wait. Most of the country doesn't start FED baseball until March, and umpires will have plenty of time to get the BRD in advance of their spring games.

That's what I meant: I could integrate the official interpretations into the text, along with rule and case book changes.

BobP: "integrate" is spelled that way. It's not "intergrate."

bob jenkins Fri Feb 10, 2006 03:02pm

Quote:

Each year the FED puts out a rulebook and case book. Then (for many years) in March and April they would include "late-breaking" interpretations in their house organ called <i>The Federation News</i>. Nowadays, they post those on the website.

For the last four years (ever since I contracted with Right Sports), I've published the book around the first of February, <i>before</i> the "official interpretations" were available.

This year I decided to wait. Most of the country doesn't start FED baseball until March, and umpires will have plenty of time to get the BRD in advance of their spring games.

That's what I meant: I could integrate the official interpretations into the text, along with rule and case book changes.

Thanks. Makes sense.