The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 18, 2001, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

I Had an interesting game yesterday. I did game solo as partner never showed up. Two well coached high school varsity teams. The game was scoreless through 4. In the 5th inning the home team scores 1 run. The visitors tie the game in the sixth. In the top of the seventh, br reaches on error. Br steals 2b(Close play, I rule safe, ball thrown behind runner f4 applies tag to butt, foot on bag-my judgemenlittl flak from defense) Next batter doubles, steals 3b and scores on dribbler to f5. Bottom 7th down by 2 runs, the home team has 1 run in with runners on 1b and 2b. The bR hits a sharp ground single to left, the Runner on 2b scores, the runner from 1b round 2nd and is caught in a rundown between 2b and 3b. Afetr a few throws back and forth, he tries for third , the throw hits him on the back as he is sliding into third, the ball careems off his back and goes into deadball territory, I immediately call time and award the runner home with the winning run, however, the fielder still in live ball area reaches in and grabs the ball in deadball area and throws home where the catcher makes the tag. i naturally, repaet my initial call that the ball is out of play and the runner advances to home. A few players were confused by the call because all they saw was the throw and the tag. Once, I explained the rule no problem. Thsio was a fun game with great sportsmanship displayed on both sides. I wish that all my games were like this one.