The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 19, 2001, 07:09am
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

I have been doing LL for four years & believe I am doing a good job. We call in our availability a week before & we get a call back as to the games we are to work. For the past two weeks I did not get any games & next week I have one game & was put on reseve for three games on Tues.
I called her back & left a message saying something came up & please take me off reserve.
Should I ask why my games have been reduced? I know scheduling is not a easy task but in the past I always made myself available, & believe I am a more than capable man behind the mask.

Also catcher interference B1 singels but is thrown out at second. Does the out count?
Old Thu Apr 19, 2001, 08:14am
Official Forum Member

6.08(c) If the batter and all other runners advance at least one base the interference is ignored.
Old Thu Apr 19, 2001, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

Originally posted by Robert G
[B]I have been doing LL for four years & believe I am doing a good job. We call in our availability a week before & we get a call back as to the games we are to work. For the past two weeks I did not get any games & next week I have one game & was put on reseve for three games on Tues.
I called her back & left a message saying something came up & please take me off reserve.
Should I ask why my games have been reduced? I know scheduling is not a easy task but in the past I always made myself available, & believe I am a more than capable man behind the mask.

Robert, what do your peers think? Your statements above represent your opinion . If your not getting games, I would ask for feedback because it sounds very odd that this LL association would not call you back. Most LL organizations that I know of have a shortage of umpires.

Pete Booth

Old Thu Apr 19, 2001, 08:52am
In Memoriam

Cool Me, too.

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert G
I have been doing LL for four years & believe I am doing a good job. We call in our availability a week before & we get a call back as to the games we are to work. For the past two weeks I did not get any games & next week I have one game & was put on reseve for three games on Tues.
Robert G,
That has happened to me in the past also. I was unwilling to commit to a full season availability and volunteered to help out where I could. There were a couple years I only got a few games, probably because the the UIC was in the comfort zone with the umpires that were in place.
When I wanted a game, I would contact the UIC and ask if I could work the bases with one of the newer ( and paid ) umpires.
Since money was not a consideration, I felt that I could have fun and have a good look at the game.
But I do make an attempt to get on the field, because I may get called for some post-season stuff, and without the regular season formality, I don't think an umpire should just walk onto a Little League field in the tourney for the first time.
mick

Old Thu Apr 19, 2001, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

To expand on Rich's comment. Since the B/R made it to first safely and advanced at his own risk to second, the interference is ignored and the out stands. Usually the offensive manager gets to choose the outcome of a catcher interference situation. There is no choice in this one.