The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   MLB Umpire Marty Foster (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/21651-mlb-umpire-marty-foster.html)

johnSandlin Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:00pm

Does anybody know for sure what happened yesterday in Toronto to HP umpire Marty Foster? I could not tell if the bat hit Foster in the leg or if the ball hit Foster in the leg?

SoCalUmp Sun Aug 07, 2005 03:09pm

I have coem to the conclusion that all the un needed posts like this are the reason why this site has been so sloooooooow as of late. It takes forever to bring up threads. Maybe Tee is right....

JugglingReferee Sun Aug 07, 2005 03:44pm

Gimabi's bat broke on impact with the ball and the upper portion of the bat hit the PU in the leg. Blue in town for the next series with Minnesota (I think) filled in as the 4th, when the 2B U went to PU.

briancurtin Sun Aug 07, 2005 03:49pm

should i make a thread about how both of my grandpas know gerry davis? true story, and it would provide some news on him since every other MLB umpire is getting their own thread about how their car got scratched in the yankee stadium parking lot.

Peruvian Sun Aug 07, 2005 07:03pm

I hate people who have nothing better to do than to piss on other people's threads. Does it make you feel strong? Important? Where is the moderator?

Anyway. Back to the topic.

Giambi's bat broke and the barrel hit Foster just above the knee, above his shin guard.

Dave Hensley Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:03pm

Quote:

Originally posted by SoCalUmp
I have coem to the conclusion that all the un needed posts like this are the reason why this site has been so sloooooooow as of late. It takes forever to bring up threads. Maybe Tee is right....
Maybe the guy who suggested to Tee it might be time to move on past dialup and buy a real Internet connection is right.

briancurtin Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:42pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Hensley
Quote:

Maybe the guy who suggested to Tee it might be time to move on past dialup and buy a real Internet connection is right.

since im on ADSL ("cable" internet), i guess that means i should move up to a T1. this site loads far too slow

[Edited by briancurtin on Aug 8th, 2005 at 12:07 AM]

SoCalUmp Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:03pm

Quote:

Quote:

Well I don't know what I can get faster then my T1 line, any ideas??

Dave Hensley Mon Aug 08, 2005 08:21am

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well I don't know what I can get faster then my T1 line, any ideas??

Yes. Delete Cookies and Delete temporary Files. This is under the Tools - Internet Options menu assuming you're using Internet Explorer.

briancurtin Mon Aug 08, 2005 07:41pm

if you know what a T1 even is, you know how to clear your cookies and temp files

Mark Dexter Mon Aug 08, 2005 09:19pm

I doubt any problems with this site are with your internet connection - I alternate between a 56K dialup and a T1 line, and I have times on both connections when the pages just refuse to load.

DG Mon Aug 08, 2005 09:54pm

Road Runner here, and sometimes this sight is slow when others are not. Minor problem in my view, I just move on to something else.

cowbyfan1 Tue Aug 09, 2005 03:43am

I have cable dsl at home and t1 at work.. I have no problems at either place with the pages coming up

Tim C Tue Aug 09, 2005 09:42am

Zzzzzzz,

When it is slow I just follow DG's advice.

T