The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue Jul 26, 2005, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Reading other post and discussions I feel like I'm missing something, any comment from a caoch someone suggest that they should be ejected, I have not ejected a coach in better than 5 years. (I have ejected players for sportmenship issues). Last time I came close to ejecting a coach, he throwing a fit like a little kid, I calmly said "You know better than that, knock it off" He was the only one to hear me and I said in a normal voice. He stopped and the game continued without any more out bursts. I try to treat them as professional and with respect, if they treat my partner & me the same then I seldom have problems.

At the end of the game, my partner & I walked off, he caught us in the parking lot and said good game and gave us water. Never had any trouble with him again.

Lately I've developed the attitiude that I would not be noticed and just let the kids play because it not my game, it's thiers. I only inject my authority when something is about to go south, for the most part these kids know how to play the game and I never call a coach a 'RAT'. Seems to me you aready have a bad attitiude befor the games starts. BTW: I umpire 3A & 2A Legion with a couple of D2 games here & there. No NFHS