The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   It finally happened (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/21221-finally-happened.html)

GarthB Fri Jul 08, 2005 02:57pm

It finally happened. Well, at least one "it" finally happened. Either "An Article a Day Keeps Common Sense at Bay" Rollie snapped under the pressure of milking officiating.com out of unneccesary writing fees, or Officiating.com really found the bottom of the proverbial barrel.

In a recent article, perhaps the most recent article, it's hard to tell with Rollie, he may be posting another as we speak, Rollie demonstrates that, yes, indeed, he is self trained and proud of it. (Yes, I know he went to Evans. Apparently he got a lot of sleep. According to some friends who were there, he is best remembered as a barbeque chef.)

Any way, Rollie, as PU, sees what he believes is a bad call by his partner.

Of course, he gives no consideration that his partner may have seen it right and he didn't, but that doesn't matter to Rollie. Nope, he belongs to the new generation of umpires who just wants to get it right, according to his vision.

So what does he do? Privately discuss this with his parnter? Mind his own business until asked? Jot it down in the back of his mind for discussion in the post game. Anything intelligent at all? Nope, nope, nope and, are you kidding?

As the coach comes out to speak to his partner, without being asked, Rollie calls down to his partner, loudly, in front of coaches and God, and coaches who think they're God: "Hey, Mikey, would you like to ask me anything about that play? Go ahead, ask me. I don't mind."

And Mikey has just been hung out to dry, thrown under the bus, left twisting in the wind, and bent over and screwed ruthlessley. My what a fine philosophy of umpiring that is. I'll bet guys are just lining up to work with Rollie.

On a more positive note, this crap might actually portend something good. It might just be a matter of time before Rollie stops penning this pap. The effects of the stroke he must have had to think of this BS should begin to slow him down soon.

[Edited by GarthB on Jul 8th, 2005 at 04:22 PM]

LDUB Fri Jul 08, 2005 03:40pm

Quote:

Originally posted by GarthB
As the coach comes out to speak to his partner, without being asked, Rollie calls down to his partner, loudly, in front of coaches and God, and coaches who think they're God: "Hey, Mikey, would you like to ask me anything about that play? Go ahead, ask me. I don't mind."

And Mikey has just been hung out to dry, thrown under the bus, left twisting in the wind, and bent over and screwed ruthlessley.

Check out the next sentence: "Try it, you'll like it." And Mikey will thank you, just like my Mikey did the other day. And, btw, the coach thanked me, too.

Looks like Widerlanders actually did this in a game! And he claims that Mikey thanked him for it!

GarthB Fri Jul 08, 2005 04:07pm

Quote:

Originally posted by LDUB
Quote:

And Mikey has just been hung out to dry, thrown under the bus, left twisting in the wind, and bent over and screwed ruthlessley.

Looks like Widerlanders actually did this in a game! And he claims that Mikey thanked him for it!

I never claimed Weedle-dee-dum was the only "special" one in his story. I hear many people thanked the Marquis de Sade for his favors, too. There is no accounting for..., well, there's just no accounting.

If Wonder Rollie wants to behave in this manner, he's obviously free to do so. But to advocate this practice to novice umpires who might actually be partnered with an intelligent umpire is downright dangerous. Will Rollie be nearby to help get a size 11 base shoe out of their a$$?

gordon30307 Fri Jul 08, 2005 04:25pm

Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by LDUB
Quote:

I never claimed Weedle-dee-dum was the only "special" one in his story. I hear many people thanked the Marquis de Sade for his favors, too. There is no accounting for..., well, there's just no accounting.

If Wonder Rollie wants to behave in this manner, he's obviously free to do so. But to advocate this practice to novice umpires who might actually be partnered with an intelligent umpire is downright dangerous. Will Rollie be nearby to help get a size 11 base shoe out of their a$$?

Had to read this myself to believe it. Hey if Rollie is on the bases does he ask the UIC "hey do you want to ask me about that checked swing"? LOL

largeone59 Fri Jul 08, 2005 04:44pm

That's terrible. I'm a rookie and i even know not to do something as idiotic as that. If i did that to anybody in my assoc, i'd never work with that person again, and i'd get my ace chewed out by my assignor.

hardball3b Fri Jul 08, 2005 05:04pm

Answer the question!!

Rollie "Go ahead, ask me."
Mikey "OK. Is your wife free again tonight?"
Nuf said.