The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 15, 2005, 02:10pm
M.A.S.H.

Anyone have the UmpSkins??? Thoughts....
Old Sat Apr 16, 2005, 08:27am
Official Forum Member

I think they'd serve a soccer shin guards better!

Buy the GD shins! Only two straps, supper light!

Under $60
Old Sat Apr 16, 2005, 01:23pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally posted by seioaump
I think they'd serve a soccer shin guards better!

Buy the GD shins! Only two straps, supper light!

Under $60
UMPSkins not UMPShins.
Old Sat Apr 16, 2005, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Delaware Blue
Quote:
Originally posted by tjones1
Anyone have the UmpSkins??? Thoughts....
I can't speak from personal experience since I wear McDavids or UnderArmor. But a buddy of mine wears them and loves them.
Old Sat Apr 16, 2005, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

I LOVE Under Armour's stuff, but I have one major complaint about their ankle-length under item: no cup pocket. The McDavid Interawear has a built-in cup pocket, and since I wear the original, yellow banana cup, this is a big asset. I hate to wear a separate jockstrap, and the McDavids are great for this. I've Emailed an Under Armour rep. about this, especially since the UA thigh-length under item has this cup pocket, and the rep. said he'd pass the info along.
Old Sat Apr 16, 2005, 10:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UMP25
I LOVE Under Armour's stuff, but I have one major complaint about their ankle-length under item: no cup pocket. The McDavid Interawear has a built-in cup pocket, and since I wear the original, yellow banana cup, this is a big asset. I hate to wear a separate jockstrap, and the McDavids are great for this. I've Emailed an Under Armour rep. about this, especially since the UA thigh-length under item has this cup pocket, and the rep. said he'd pass the info along.
If the McDavid ankle-length product suits your need why care about what UA does? I use McDavid ankle-length also, and therefore could care less that UA does not have a similar product.
Old Sat Apr 16, 2005, 10:28pm
Official Forum Member

Because I personally like UA much more. I believe it is a superior product and like the feel much better than that of the McDavids. That's why.

Snippy tonight, aren't we?
Old Sat Apr 16, 2005, 11:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Because I personally like UA much more. I believe it is a superior product and like the feel much better than that of the McDavids. That's why.

Six of one, half dozen of another. It is apparently not a superior product if it does not meet the need for a place for the cup.
Old Sat Apr 16, 2005, 11:40pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by DG
Quote:

Six of one, half dozen of another. It is apparently not a superior product if it does not meet the need for a place for the cup.
It's clear he finds the UA material superior, and so do I. For the same reason, I still use McDavids -- once UA comes out with the full tights with cup pockets IN GRAY, I'll likely switch.
Old Sun Apr 17, 2005, 12:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DG
Quote:

Hardly. There is a clear difference between the two. UA far and away is the superior product, up and down the line. They're just lacking this one important feature with their ankle-length tights.

I know at least a half-dozen fellow umpires, including the two MLB umps who turned me on to UA--not to mention Rich here--who'd get the UA ankle-length tights in a heartbeat if they came with the built-in cup pocket.

BTW, Rich, I opt for the grey ones, too.
Old Sun Apr 17, 2005, 05:20am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
I am with ya. Not sure why but I like the feel of the UA material better than the McDavids, tho I use both (UA for shirts and McDavids for bottoms.) I'm still fuming over one of my UA shirts coming up missing. Those are not cheap.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Sun Apr 17, 2005, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

If you say the under armour thigh-lenght under item has a built in cup pocket, I believe you. Trouble is, I have never found one in all my searching on the internet (including UA's website) or in stores.

I would love to wear the product you describe. Could you please point me to where you found it and where it may be purchased?

Quote:
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates
Old Sun Apr 17, 2005, 11:16am
Official Forum Member

They have a few different types of undergear items with cup pockets, including what they call "hockey shorts." One guy I know uses these.

Here are some of their mid-length items with cup pockets.

http://www.underarmour.com/ua2/ua/de...0126G&mscssid=

http://www.underarmour.com/ua2/ua/de...=0223&mscssid=

http://www.underarmour.com/ua2/ua/de...=0222&mscssid=

Old Sun Apr 17, 2005, 12:14pm
Official Forum Member

Ahhh, yes, I have found those as well. But none are just straight up compression shorts. I don't play hockey and I'm not sliding into a base anytime soon. I had contemplated using those, but I want them to put a cup pocket in the regular old compression shorts!

Quote:
They have a few different types of undergear items with cup pockets, including what they call "hockey shorts." One guy I know uses these.

Here are some of their mid-length items with cup pockets.

http://www.underarmour.com/ua2/ua/de...0126G&mscssid=

http://www.underarmour.com/ua2/ua/de...=0223&mscssid=

http://www.underarmour.com/ua2/ua/de...=0222&mscssid=

Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates
Old Sun Apr 17, 2005, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

Well, my buddy who uses the so-called hockey shorts swears there really isn't any difference; he loves them. I really don't need compression per se; I just like an ankle-length item to have a cup pocket.

I'll tell you one thing--ever since I went to the McDavid ankle-length w/ built-in cup pocket, I haven't had the constant "wandering" of my cup, something I experienced all the time with a jockstrap and cup. Now, if I for some reason do experience a wandering cup, it's my own fault, because it's a result of my not putting the cup all the way down into the pocket. Once I do, it's set for the game and I never have a problem.