The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 12:03pm
Official Forum Member

I am wondering if anyone has purchased this newest offering from +POS. It looks like it could be a really good insided chest protector.

I like the fact that it can be zipped on and off, that it has what look like extended arm protection and that it comes in a 16-1/2" length.

Any comments from anyone???

Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates
Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to nickrego
I have not purchased this protector.

But it appears that the shoulder and upper arm protection is at the top and sides of the arm. We need the protection at the front of the shoulder and arms (bicepts).

This is the same concern I have with the WestVest Platinum, which I have been considering purchasing.

Nick
Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 07:29pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up Do they ever ask an Umpire for help?

Nick:

I have wondered about this design flaw also. My West Vest knock-off came with pads on each arm which I quickly cut off as they were useless, being on the SIDE of the arms -(triceps) when being worn. Unless you choose to stand sideways they serve no useful purpose.

If the designers would get a "real" Umpire to put one on and observe him in a stance, they would see where the protection is really needed. I don't know what they have in mind for the sideways protection feature - who needs it?

Senior