The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 05, 2001, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

I realize that its cold and snowy in the Northeast, but I have begun to get ready for the season. Two of us have begun to look at pitches at a local indoor facility. We will do this once a week till the end of Feb. and then go 2 times as the season gets closer. I find that my legs and eyes get in shape for the long season.
In March, I will be going to Fla. for 10 days in the Ft. Lauderdale area. I am looking to do some college or HS games while down in the area. I hear that its possible to hook up with someone who assigns. Will go to Homestead area, since I hear that teams go there for spring break. Hope someone can help out and put me in the right direction.

Thanks
Old Fri Jan 05, 2001, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

Try contacting Wayne Story, President of the Greater Miami Athletic Conference (GMAC), (305)995-1250 or FAX (305)995-7574.

GMAC is the association that supplies all high school officials to Dade County schools. He'll probably be able to put you in touch with someone who might get you some games. You won't be able to work regular season high school games because of FHSAA regulations.

If you feel like coming North to Ft. Pierce instead of Homestead, contact John Salvia, (561)466-7493. We have a number of small college and high school teams from up North in spring training camp, and I'm sure John could use the help during the daytime
Old Fri Jan 05, 2001, 10:37pm
Official Forum Member

My group, both High School and College, are looking to go south early as well. Does anyone know of any pre-season tournaments in Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina. If so please leave some info. Thanks.