The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 19, 2004, 02:17am
Official Forum Member

To Whom it May Concern:

After reading a number of posts recently, I have found, who I believe, to be the perfect addition to the writing staff at Officiating.com

His knowledge of umpiring is easily comparable or superior to most of the current writing staff with the obvious exception of Peter Osborne. His experience on the field, his ability to see the big picture and his feel for what is relevant is so similar to the majority of those currently writing, it's, well it's just uncanny.

And, his writing style? Well, just take a look:

"Now in baseball there are not many situations you need to know, but I want to know when to go home."

And then there's this:

"How is keep score for you personal benefit..."

Intriqued? There's more:

"Take this for what it is worth, but it is clear that most umpires (and you can ask others not on this board).

Now, I know what you're thinking. "We can't afford George W. Bush as a writer." True. You can't. But you can afford the next best thing; the author of all these pearls is our very own J.Rutledge, umpire, entrepreneur, and philospher. Fresh from an engagement at McGriffs and just getting warmed up here at Officialforum, I'm sure he'd jump at the chance of joining the collection of columnists you've corraled.

He certainly has my support.

[Edited by GarthB on Apr 19th, 2004 at 04:11 PM]
Old Mon Apr 19, 2004, 07:56am
Do not give a damn!!

No Garth Brooks, I think you should be the next writer. For one, you think you have all the answers. Secondly, you can never seem to explain why you are correct about something. And last but not least, you think of yourself as a "big dog," for some reason. You would be a perfect person for the job. Especially when he is asking for writers in a sport you know nothing about. I mean anyone can umpire a baseball game with little training, but if I am not mistaken they are looking for a Basketball writer. But then again, you probably would tell the rest of us not to use lanyards, not to care about the foul count, it is the table's job to tell you and most of all, would tell us how many coaches you would dump because they challenged you. What better role model is there out in the world of officiating than yourself? I know the name GARTH just comes with a great deal of respect.

Peace
Old Mon Apr 19, 2004, 08:58am
Official Forum Member

Talking Attaboy GB

I think this is hilarious, but it will probably get zapped too.
Just like yesterdays post that I was responding to.
Hmm, the moderators are having fun aren't they?