The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 16, 2004, 02:31am
Official Forum Member

Question

I was wondering if I could get some different people's takes on low-cut and high-top plate shoes. I'm going to be buying some in the next few days (after a little over a year of not having any) and I just noticed the two different styles.

What works best where? What about comfort/weight issues? What brands and places are recommended?

Thanks,
Craig
Washington State
Old Fri Apr 16, 2004, 09:17am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by sir_eldren
I was wondering if I could get some different people's takes on low-cut and high-top plate shoes. I'm going to be buying some in the next few days (after a little over a year of not having any) and I just noticed the two different styles.

What works best where? What about comfort/weight issues? What brands and places are recommended?

Thanks,
Craig
Washington State
I bought the Gerry Davis patent leather oxford shoes this season. Only 6 plate games thus far, but they are the MOST comfortable shoes I've ever bought. And when you're done working, you can completely clean them by using your dirty socks, t-shirt, or any mostly dry cloth. Finish is great. I don't miss having to polish them.

Hey, this is my 1000th post. Woo.

--Rich
Old Fri Apr 16, 2004, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Plate Shoes

My POS PS1's (low top)are too front heavy because of the steel toes which causes the heals to slide up and down on my feet. After dealing with blisters on both feet I bought the POS PS2's (high top) and haven't had a problem since. I also like the PS2's because they give me additional ankle support.

Michael

Old Fri Apr 16, 2004, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

Riddell Chief

I have the 2004 Riddell Chiefs (high top) and have found them to be very comfortable, and so far very durable. They're pretty reasonably priced, also.

Here's the Honig's link:
http://www.honigs.com/detail.asp?Cat=2&Sub=10&Item=852

You can find the 2003 model even cheaper, but I'm told that the new model is significantly improved, especially in terms of durability.
Old Fri Apr 16, 2004, 10:49am
Official Forum Member

I too bought the Gerry Davis patent leather shoes last year. I use the high tops and they are very comfortable. Just as Rich says, it sure is nice just to wipe them down after a game. I have received tons of compliments on them also. They look marvelous.