The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Callin your kids game (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/12917-callin-your-kids-game.html)

chris s Sun Mar 28, 2004 01:30pm

Never thought I would do this, callin my son's game. His first year of "real" ball. 9 year old, PONY Mustang division. Only a practice game, other team knew I was a players dad...that was ok. Was I shocked top 2 when my kid is on the hill! Walked the first batter on four, then went 3-0 on B2, got that kid to strike out. A nice 6-3 then another K. WOW! He's ready for the Yankees....LOL. Doin another today.....what a change from the FED ball scene. Couple parents asked me if I could do all the games....yeah....sure. Not a chance where I live!! Enjoy your weekends!!!

mick Sun Mar 28, 2004 01:52pm

Quote:

Originally posted by chris s
Never thought I would do this, callin my son's game. His first year of "real" ball. 9 year old, PONY Mustang division. Only a practice game, other team knew I was a players dad...that was ok. Was I shocked top 2 when my kid is on the hill! Walked the first batter on four, then went 3-0 on B2, got that kid to strike out. A nice 6-3 then another K. WOW! He's ready for the Yankees....LOL. Doin another today.....what a change from the FED ball scene. Couple parents asked me if I could do all the games....yeah....sure. Not a chance where I live!! Enjoy your weekends!!!
Only a practice game, eh?
Heck, you woulda been there anyway... standing behind the screen. ;)
mick

DG Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:06pm

It's been awhile, but I called some games my kid was playing. He was a catcher so we had some good discussions during the games. He treated me like an umpire and I treated him like a catcher. No problems.

chris s Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:31am

Quote:

Originally posted by mick
Quote:

Originally posted by chris s
Only a practice game, eh?
Heck, you woulda been there anyway... standing behind the screen. ;)
mick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Todays "practice" game.....got the dish again...wait, I was working by myself, yea...the dish.Juinor on the hill again in the 5th, with a 10 run deficit.(not his)Walks first kid on 4 again(way wild), then strikes out the side. Kid has only 2 runners allowed and 5 K's...in 2 innings work. WHERE"S all the scouts??? Oh, I did nail my kid for a type B obs when he was F4, that penalty was nullified after a few more throws;)