The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 06, 2004, 03:15pm
Official Forum Member

since most of us are starting up our seasons in the cold, what kind of jacket do you wear? i have a +POS PLP1 but have noticed many people wearing the MLB style jackets with the stripes over the shoulders now. i might pick up a +POS MLC plate cut jacket so im matching my partner.

what do you guys wear?
Old Sat Mar 06, 2004, 03:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to johnSandlin Send a message via Yahoo to johnSandlin
My partner and I wear pullover navy blue jackets with our state's logo on the front of it for those cold games early in the season.

However, sometimes I will get layered up, and just wear one of the long sleeve shorts when I am doing the dish.
Old Mon Mar 08, 2004, 03:18pm
Official Forum Member

I wear the Honig's major league in navy. I have both the base and the plate (tucks in) and I love them both. I never liked the plate coats anyway, so I got the plate pullover jacket and I love it. I always like to have something comparable to the big leaguers, even if it costs more $$$
Old Tue Mar 09, 2004, 01:29am
Michael Taylor

Our HS assoc cover is the Pos MLP1. I also have two Honig covers blue with the red shoulders and the black withthe white shoulders.
Old Fri Mar 12, 2004, 08:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brian43
since most of us are starting up our seasons in the cold, what kind of jacket do you wear? i have a +POS PLP1 but have noticed many people wearing the MLB style jackets with the stripes over the shoulders now. i might pick up a +POS MLC plate cut jacket so im matching my partner.

what do you guys wear?
In our area most of the HS and JUCO umpires wear the Honigs navy with red shoulder stripes jacket. Might be because Honigs "travelling equipment show" attends our initial meeting of the year in January and makes sure these jackets are readily available to all the guys.

U007
Old Sat Mar 13, 2004, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

I do like the look of the Honig's jacket with the shoulder stripes. But if you are unsure what kind of jacket to buy, I would recomend the +POS MLP or VLP. These look the most like the navy pullover NFHS shirts. Or if you like the back panals get the +POS PLP1.
Old Mon Mar 15, 2004, 07:08pm
Official Forum Member

Despite all the bad press +POS gets in this forum - purportedly very poor customer service...

I'm looking to purchase their PLP1 (waterproof, breathable, lined, turtleneck). It is $10 more ($96) than the MLP5 and the only apparent difference in looks is the red slashes around the arms on the back. Here in Idaho, I do work games when it is snowing, blowing and ugly. And as you know, unlike the players and coaches, I don't get to leave the field and go hide in the dugout next to the heater. I need to be warm and dry.

I currently use a significant combination of layers and have not worried too much about looking official; the outside layer is always some kind of a navy-blue, water repellent material.

Anybody use this PLP1 jacket and willing to make some comments?
Old Mon Mar 15, 2004, 10:51pm
Official Forum Member

If you are looking for a warm jacket from Parson's, get the MLP5. It has quilted lining which is much warmer than just lined. The PLP1 is the same as the MLP, except the PLP1 has red back panals. If you want the warmer one get the MLP5.
Old Tue Mar 16, 2004, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DownTownTonyBrown
Despite all the bad press +POS gets in this forum - purportedly very poor customer service...

I'm looking to purchase their PLP1 (waterproof, breathable, lined, turtleneck). It is $10 more ($96) than the MLP5 and the only apparent difference in looks is the red slashes around the arms on the back. Here in Idaho, I do work games when it is snowing, blowing and ugly. And as you know, unlike the players and coaches, I don't get to leave the field and go hide in the dugout next to the heater. I need to be warm and dry.

I currently use a significant combination of layers and have not worried too much about looking official; the outside layer is always some kind of a navy-blue, water repellent material.

Anybody use this PLP1 jacket and willing to make some comments?
i have it and i love it. the only thing i dont like is that it doesnt come in plate cut. i like to tuck my jackets in, i still do with this jacket, but its a little bulky in the waist area since the waist band is a bit thick. thats really no big deal though.

i like the collar and how you can stand it up if its windy or fold it down. the lining is very comfortable and its decently warm. the back panels are also nice, as they allow better and more free movement of your arms, plus i think they look cool. its also the official jacket of minor league baseball