The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 17, 2003, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

What I want to know is why aren't the announcers getting any heat. Here Bartman was, listening to the game and got no warning from the announcers of his impending doom!!!Says something about their play by play skills if you ask me.

Edit - We already know about their rules skills. ;-)

[Edited by ChampaignBlue on Oct 17th, 2003 at 01:30 PM]
Old Fri Oct 17, 2003, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dwillis
Well....
"There's always NEXT YEAR."
i am a 100% cubs fan, and have been for life. after that last out was made, my heart hit the floor and i was crushed. it took a while to realize this, but as any true cubs fan has said before, theres always next year.
Old Fri Oct 17, 2003, 04:39pm
Official Forum Member

I can hear the attorneys stampeding

Quote:
as soon as fans' hands started to go up, I would have been tackling everyone I could get my hands on to get them the hell out of the way of that ball
Can you imagine the outrage when the ball came down and hit the elderly gentleman sitting behind you on the head and knocked him cold? You would have been the one getting dowsed with beer...then sued the next day.

The guy was watching the BALL, not Moises Alou. He didn't know where it was coming down. He had no way of knowing Alou was there. The ball was spinning and curving back toward the field. It was probably three rows back when everyone started reaching.

If you don't buy this, have someone hit you some high pop fungos, go set a bucket down where you think the ball will land, then back away before the ball comes down and see how close you came. Then reconsider how you feel about the poor guy.

[Edited by YoungRighty on Oct 17th, 2003 at 04:42 PM]