The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Baseball (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/)
-   -   Base Shoes (https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/101240-base-shoes.html)

LRZ Tue Apr 12, 2016 01:12pm

Base Shoes

I'm looking for lightweight, all black field/turf shoes in EE or EEEE widths? Any suggestions?

thumpferee Tue Apr 12, 2016 05:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRZ (Post 986147)
I'm looking for lightweight, all black field/turf shoes in EE or EEEE widths? Any suggestions?

I wore steel cleats for years. Now I'm getting older, they began to hurt the soles of my feet. I have always been in favor of not falling on my ars with tennis shoes on when it's damp. Any way, I recently bought golf shoes with the replaceable plastic/rubber cleats. $50

Feel good, material stays clean and dry.

LRZ Tue Apr 12, 2016 06:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumpferee (Post 986157)
I wore steel cleats for years. Now I'm getting older, they began to hurt the soles of my feet. I have always been in favor of not falling on my ars with tennis shoes on when it's damp. Any way, I recently bought golf shoes with the replaceable plastic/rubber cleats. $50

Feel good, material stays clean and dry.

Interesting idea, thanks.

bob jenkins Wed Apr 13, 2016 07:28am

If you are serious about the umpiring, and working above the youth level (and maybe even then), do not use metal cleats. Do not use golf shoes.

Check out any of the official supply places. I personally use the NB (whatever the model was last year). I have used rebok in the past, but they don't fit me as well.

Rich Wed Apr 13, 2016 07:40am

I have a pair of New Balance and a pair of Reebok Zigs in the car. Have worked 3 games on the bases and have reached for the NB each time.

LRZ Wed Apr 13, 2016 09:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 986176)
If you are serious about the umpiring, and working above the youth level (and maybe even then), do not use metal cleats. Do not use golf shoes.

Check out any of the official supply places. I personally use the NB (whatever the model was last year). I have used rebok in the past, but they don't fit me as well.

Actually, I'm really looking for shoes to referee soccer; I would have asked in the soccer forum, but that place is dead.

Working the bases in baseball, I wear NB shoes, but they are too heavy for all the running I do on a soccer pitch. I have the benefit of having a local sports official store, where I looked at 3N2 shoes, but they also are too heavy. Golf shoes have become more "sneaker-like" and no longer have metal cleats, and that's why I thought the suggestion interesting.

There is a new version of the NB field/turf shoe, MU950V2, and the customer rep at ump-attire said that they are lighter than the old version (which I've been using); since they are available in EE and 4E, I'll probably try that.

NavyChiefBlue Wed Apr 13, 2016 02:07pm

Ua

Got the Under Armour shoes this year. Very light and comfortable. Not sure if the have the wide width, but if they do, very highly recommend. If I remember which vender I bought them from, I'll post it here.

I found them.
Welcome to OfficialSports.net

Robert E. Harrison Thu Apr 28, 2016 01:50pm

Take a look at this one.

*NEW*Adidas Turf Hog LX Low Black