View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 01, 2016, 11:06am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
You will keep it simple once you recognize that there's no such thing as an Intentional Procedure or Intentional (alone) foul.

All fouls are either Personal or Technical. Within those categories, they can have modifiers, such as Common, Intentional, Flagrant, Player Control, Team Control, etc. I think (off the top of my head) that all personal fouls get a modifier; a "plain" technical does not.

So, your question above is obvious -- it was and Intentional Technical foul and should be penalized as such (it was not an Intentional Personal) foul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter14 View Post
Do you think for a first year official that that's a lot of information? I would tell the first year official in this case; Contact occurred during dead ball=It's either technical, or it's nothing. Why get into all the other degrees? I personally wouldn't. I don't think that makes me wrong, and if you want to explain all the different types, you are not wrong either.

But in the play where there's a push during a dead ball, If you decide it can't be ignored, it's going to be a technical (not stating the type). Two free throws for any member on the floor of the offended team. Ball out at division line, opposite the table.

Shooter14:

No, I do not think that is a lot of information for a first year official. I taught the OhioHSAA mandatory new officials' course for ten years and drilled into the new officials that Rule 4 is the most important rule in the book.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio