Thread: BOT question
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 29, 2013, 11:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
First you had the offense asking, now you have the defense asking.

In general, I'd try to fix the problem entirely once a team says something. In the pros, it might be different.
I had a case several years ago in a Legion game. I was BU. Offensive coach comes out after 1st batter of the inning grounds out. After brief discussion my partner signals 2 outs. I call time to have a discussion with my partner. Seems he got confused. The batter who grounded out was batting out of order, 5th batter in lineup when 4th should have been up. So he was signaling one out for the groundout and one out for the BOO. I tell him no way we can have one batter and two outs. Defensive coach comes out to join the discussion. We tell him we have a BOO situation. He says he is happy with the result and he did not bring it up. Skipping #4 and #5 grounding out seemed to him like a good deal. I tell my partner that since defensive coach did not bring it up, offensive coach did, we we have nothing to enforce.

My point is, if offense asks that don't mean much, unless they ask before the at bat is over.