View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 11, 2013, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I believe you. I have no reason not to believe you. Just stating if that is true that says a lot about how they were not prepared for that game. You have to know that in a game with teams where one is all one color and the other team for the most part is all another color that this could be a problem when trash talking goes on during the game. I have been officiating a long time and I have never heard a player say anything like that to a player of another color at all, but I have been aware it was an accusation in a game. Nip that crap in the bud. I do it often in my games and in situations like this.
Yep. I just can't fathom how a player could drop an n-bomb and stay in the game. Yea, I know it's easy to say later not being in the heat of the moment, but there's virtually nothing verbal that could be worse or more predictably lead to repercussions or retaliation. And if true, it just feeds every single stereotype about downstate teams and officials and just gives ammo to those who want to play the race card. They might play it unjustifiably 99 times, but that 1 time where it just might be true gets them off the hook. Sad situation all around.