View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 14, 2003, 10:05am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
OM

jrut - nobody said anything about liking it. What was said is that there are many extremely talented girls teams and that they deserve top quality refereeing. Unfortunately, the bias against girls ball that is so prevalent in officials means that the girls frequently must settle for second best (or third or fourth or fifth best). They deserve better than that, and the HS associations should ensure that all athletes under their purview get equal and fair treatment. If that means you have to do a distasteful chore of reffing girls varsity to get your boys games, so be it. But I like the policy that demands that varsity refs do both sides.

You cannot make officials do anything. You either are not going to have officials at all if you do this. In my area if I work both boy's and girl's games, I am almost working every single night. Now I do not have a wife or kids to contend with. You cannot make a father that wants to watch his daughter play ball, officiate on nights that only girls play. If girl's are getting the short end of the stick by officials making a choice, I really do not see how you are going to make them change that. So I do not know what world you are living in to think anyone can make anyone officiate something they do not want to do. I do not think you really thought this through.

Peace