View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 21, 2011, 05:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalStripes View Post
I think we almost have it.

1. The result of the play is a TB.
2. B gets first choice since they got the ball with clean hands.
3. If B accepts the IF: we have a double foul, if A accepts the BIB. Replay the down.
4. If B declines the IF: we then give A their choice of accepting or declining.
5. If A accepts the BIB the foul is marked off under ABO using the 20 yardline because the result of the play was a touchdown. However, B would get the ball 1st and 10 at the 30 because no foul causes loss of possession!
6. If A declines, we have two declined fouls and the result is the TB, A gets a new series as any team does following a TB.
You've made two mistakes. This is a play settled under 10-2-2. B got the ball with clean hands. This is nothing more than a clean hands play.

In 3., B got the ball with clean hands so they get first crack at accepting or declining the IF. If B accepts the IF, then we have a double foul, end of story. A won't get a choice. 10-2-1c. (No book, I think 10-2-1c).

In 5., that is totally wrong. What kind of play was occurring at the time of B's IBB? Was it a running play? Was it a loose ball play? You better say running play because it wasn't a loose ball play. Where is a running play enforced from? It's enforced from the end of the run, right? Where was the end of the run? It was where B fumbled. That's why you throw a bean bag. You would enforce B's IBB from the bean bag. I agree no foul causes loss of the ball. The only way A gets the ball because of the touchback is when all fouls have been declined. A would only get the ball at the A-20 if all fouls were declined. Then they would be awarded a new series.