View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 26, 2010, 02:18pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Let Me Introduce Myself, Mac, BillyMac ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTaylor View Post
On the subject of shot clocks, I don't know any officials that have had a problem making the adjustments.
Now you know one, me. Here in my little corner of Connecticut, we use shot clocks only for prep schools, boys and girls, only for varsity games (no freshman (thirds) or junior varsity). I'm a 100% NFHS official, I know more about rocket science, and brain surgery, than I do about NCAA rules.

I only see a shot clock about once, or twice, each season. I always hope that my partner is an NCAA trained official, and/or that the table is well trained in shot clock rules, and interpretations.

I kind of know the rules, our interpreter provides a shot clock rule sheet for us. My partner and I go over this sheet during our pregame, but this nothing like experience to really understand shot clock rules, and interpretations. It's tough to get this experience working only a few shot clock games each season.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)