Thread: Womens D-I
View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 07:56pm
Official Forum Member

Rut, we agree. You actually made some of my points. You are much more likely to hear backstabbing and gossip on the women's side than on the Mens side. On the Men's side you will hear more 'This si the way I think it should be done so FU if you think otherwise". Granted that this is a 'generalization' but fairly accurate and neither is exactly flattering for either side. I make no claim, no think one can be made, that either side is "better" then the other. I will say that they are different and fit some personalities better than others.
As for the "Big Games" you may be right, I know alot of officials work for multiple "Big Time" conferences. Several work for the ACC AND Big East or the SEC and ACC. Since that is where most of the top 25 teams reside (Duke, Carolina, Maryland, UConn, Rutgers, ND, Tennessee, LSU, UVa, just to name a few) then you probably will see the same officials on each game. I do not know if the same cross Big Time conference is the same or not. It also has to do with a type of parity on the Men's side. For instance, the WVU / Uconn Men's game should be more competitive then the WVU / UConn women's game. But that is another topic
And face it, you are just jealous we can still use both hands to report because it looks so darn cool!!