Thread: Womens D-I
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 26, 2010, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

This is pretty funny. Officiating men's basketball is much more difficult because the game is a lot faster, period. For those who want to rip, women's officials are very good, but they would have a very tough time throttling up the RPMs during a men's game. Like a rusty NFL quarterback, you have to get used to the speed of the game. The same applies to the differences between levels of college, or between small college and HS or both genders.

For those men's officials that think they are superior, I have some news for you. NCAA-W is way ahead of NCAA-M in terms of being on the cutting edge of officiating philosophies, science, mechanics, and continuous improvement tools. The NBA pours a lot of resources into training and development. NCAA-W pays attention to the NBA, and incorporates a lot of new NBA stuff. It then flows to NCAA-M, and finally, after a long, long time, to the NFHS.

I've never officiated women's basektball, but I respect the heck out of the NCAA-W, their mechanics, and the way they do things. NCAA-M eventually copies them, just several years later.