Thread: A Good Night
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 08:36pm
Official Forum Member

A Good Night

Things didn't start great this morning. I got an e-mail from my assignor saying that the G Fr game of my Fr/JV DH was cancelled. Grrrrrrr. I prefer $75 checks to $40 checks.

Get to the school late due to traffic. Same school I've been to four times since Christmas so the staff recognize me. AD tells me, relax. Visitors aren't here yet. So my partner and I sit and chat with the AD n the athletic offices. FIrst V referee shows up. "WTF are you guys doing sitting here?" Visitors not here yet. Sat around longer. Second V Official shows up. We continue to wait. AD is on the phone. Only thing we hear is "Well why are all the officials here?"

This school (notorious for this kind of crap) claimed they thought it was their home game. The AD is hot. We use the Arbiter. He says, "Is there anyone on your faculty that can read?" That got us a laugh. He wrote us each our contracted game check and I was home by 7:00pm. $40 for doing nothing and home in time to watch LeBron embarass the TWolves.

It started bad, but the day ended well.

--- Famous Cleveland area official to HC

"I Love Officiating so much, I do it for free. However, I charge for all the crap I take."

--- Me