View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 22, 2009, 05:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Note the wording in 4-15. For the sake of this argument there are two separate ways the dribble can end.

4-15-1

a. .....catches or causes the ball to come to rest in one or both hands.

b. ....palms/carries the ball by allowing it to come to rest in one or both hands.

I don't see where a could apply here. Not so sure about b. How long is too long? This guy goes basically all the way across the lane with the ball resting in his hand. Not saying I would or wouldn't call it, but I certainly think it is a legitimate point to ponder. If this guy had demonstrated the same move while adding a spin, I think a lot of us would call a violation.
I think this is a very legitimate point. The problem is based on the descriptions that were shown of these kinds of plays show the hand being under or on the side of the ball (and moving it across the dribblers body). This did not look that way at all in my opinion. But it is something to think about as we need to often find the line of what we are going to allow. But this can never be traveling as suggested. It is only palming/carrying/double dribble violation if the player violated.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Tue Dec 22, 2009 at 06:03pm.