View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 09, 2009, 09:36pm
Official Forum Member

Ozzy, there are those that are interested in the point your are trying to discuss here and those that think every literal word typed here should be critiqued. The grammaticians and spell checkers will follow along shortly, thats for sure.

If I am working with another vet, chances are he will take care of his business when HE feels it is neccessary, so I am going to let him handle it his way. However, I may just jump on the coach a little sooner if by chance he shifts any comments my way, just to let him know that even though he has a dispute with my partner, I have heard enough, period. Hey maybe my partner did bang the two calls and is giving the coach some rope. Had to be there situation.

If I am work with a rookie, I would have to judge the situation. Did he bang the calls? Sometimes letting a rookie get a little dirty is good experience. See how he handles the situation but cover his wing at all times. If they were solid banger calls I might just jump in with a quick "Good call John", just to let the coach know where I stand without directly intervening.

Two complaints about calls don't necessarily mean action is required but I certainly would not let it continue much further.

I tend to give the coaches a lot of rope, what they choose to do with it is their business but believe me, THEY KNOW who is in charge of the game.

The only acceptable rebuttal is none at all or "thats enough". Making a sarcastic one is just plain baiting.