View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 01, 2009, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

I had something with some similarities happen in football last year. Late in the game with the V behind, H had the ball on their ~40. The clock was running and V's coaches were yelling out signals. My HL thought he heard a TO call and stopped the clock and I (the R), anticipating some time outs, started to give the signal to the box when the coaches start yelling that they didn't call the TO but yelled something that might sound like that as a signal to their players. I immediately blew my whistle and yelled, "no time out, let's play ball" and got the offense back into their formation. I then blew the ready and wound the clock, so in fact, the Home team got an 8-10 second advantage as it turned out.

We finished the game (H won) and in the locker room, one of the crew members (not the HL) INSISTED that he heard the TO. He was adamant that it happened and said I was mistaken to not stick them with it. I said that the coaches' response was very quick and due to the look on their faces seemed reasonable, so I surmised they didn't call timeout. After a 5 minute discussion when even the HL is insisting they didn't call TO but HE made the mistake, the BJ won't let it go, so I did.

There are people that don't believe anyone but their own idiotic self.