View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 14, 2008, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forksref View Post
In Minnesota hockey, I think the state tournament uses IR but of course they are using the TV stations' equipment. In Minnesota, hockey is a religion, so they have to do everything extra "special."

Good point made about play clocks. Only one field that we work on even has a play clock.

Good discussion, but it is very far from reality.
The biggest state tournament in Minnesota and to some extent in North Dakota is hockey. That seems so strange to me now since Indiana doesn't even sanction hockey.

Your comment about play clocks brings up another question. I can only recall one school I've only worked that did not have a play clock and they now have one. Some of the really small schools in the rural areas may not have them but we don't work too many games at those places.

The play clock and game clock operators are the responsibility of game management and sometimes they are the same person. We usually meet with them before the game and will take over the clocks on the field if we have too many problems. We have had a few instances where a play clock didn't work.