View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 09, 2008, 02:53pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
I have a similar situation as a coach and official. When I notice some of the guys I ref with blow a call or misapply a rule - I try to be your typical coach asking for the call, coaching and raising my voice from the box, hinting they missed something, talking to them briefly at half or after the game, etc. But, I never cross the line and REALLY get after them as it's "wreck" ball and I want to set the proper example for the kids as an adult, parent, coach, and official. And, I make it a point to shake the refs hands and thank them for doing the game - regardless of what I think.

Now, as was alluded to by others, you win or lose on the floor, not by a blown or missed call. I may talk to them later, but none of these guys are HS Officials or receive much training and they are there for different reasons than you and me....and sometimes don't take suggestions well or even care.