View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 15, 2008, 05:45pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN

Stupidity? Actually, some teams are a joy to work and have a beer with, but this isn't one of them.

Latest (in other words a rumor planted on the forum over there) is that the catcher got one game and I'm out of the league. Funny that the president of the league was still investigating today according to the email I got from him this afternoon. But it wouldn't hurt me one bit if that WAS true as I'll never work another game there.
That is really a shame. I hate it when certain teams ruin a really otherwise fun league to work.

I had some great times with some adult league teams, like you said, having beers after the game with them, etc. One Mexican-American league team always invited us over to eat barbecued carne asada and shrimp cocktails after the game, which we cheerfully washed down with cerveza. And these guys would argue and complain during the game just like anyone else, but in the right way, not becoming big a$$es like some teams do. When the game was over, win or lose, good day or bad, they always invited the umpires over. I always loved pulling up to the ball yard and seeing that this team was playing. I knew I would be well fed afterwards!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25