View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 12, 2008, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Here some of my thoughts on this.

1) I firmly believe that one of the reasons that an "obvious travel" gets missed at a higher level may becaue it wasn't that obvious. If you are in a game with the big guys (NBA and D-1 type players) There may be a lot more things going on to watch than the guys feet. If you are truly refereeing the defense, the ball handler may be secondary especially in a game with screens, rolls, etc. The offenders feet are the last place I may be looking when reffing fast big guys going at each other.

2) How many travel calls are you going to call a night. If you are a purist AND and called exactly by the rules, bring your sleeping bag because you'll be there all night ( how bout a blown whistle every time down the floor) There are lots of travels we dont call each game. We miss a lot of them because it might have looked like a good basketball move, or we did call it because it was out of place and player got an advantage...

3) If you are reffing the NBA finals a Kobe's got an uncontested dunk,.... Hey all those fans did not pay to hear you blow the whistle...