View Single Post
Old Fri May 09, 2008, 08:38am
Official Forum Member

Tuss - thank you for the thoughtful advice and I will take it into consideration, if not for this season (since we're almost done here in GA) then definitely for all stars and future seasons.

Your comment about getting clocked by pitches and getting cranky reminds me or our game this week. The PU clocked by a swung bat (on the thigh - no padding there) and then in the hand by a fastball that ticked over the catcher's mit. He had to leave the game after that one (His comment as he was doubled over was "Geez catch, you gotta get those" - and yes he was kidding). I referee basketball and would like to do baseball once the kids are safely out of any area I might officiate in, but stuff like that gives me pause. Don't have to worry about that stuff in basketball!

Ozzy - you sound like a very pratical official. Any time you want to umpire one of our games you are welcome to do so! I only wish I had your number handy so I could have given it to the PU in our game - it would have been a short, and to the point, conversation I'm sure!